Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Not sure it is that frivolous tbh, I know people who have been in absolute agony with tooth problems and I would imagine the demands of top level football would normally require you to always be in top condition body and mind.

Having intense agony must affect concentration at least, let alone being unable to put your all into a performance :dontknow:

I'd go with Perch tbh, he was excellent at CM against Norwich. Bigi's got a full Europa-League-winning campaign to think about.

I suspect it'll be Tiote and Anita, though.

Till we remember that Anita seems to be better at RB and swap him and Perch, again

Anita's positioning at RB is horrifying. He's blatantly not a full back.

I've never had serious tooth problems so maybe I was too quick to judge. Dabizas played with a broken hand/wrist and Gilberto Silva played with a broken back.

I walked on a double fracture in my ankle for about 5 weeks but an ulcer has made me think 'ahh I remember the good times when I didn't have this ulcer  :('.

From what I have experienced from others, tooth pain can be absolutely horrendous. If you are in that much agony you are probably not sleeping well and I imagine the pain is going to cause distraction when playing.

Had a molar get chipped - nerve exposed to air.  It's quite debilitating - stabbing, throbbing pain that you can't really stop, just blunt.  It's all you can do to just sit there and deal with the pain with an ice pack or Anbesol (neither really work) or something until a dentist can fix it properly.

Guest Sophie S

It's a bit of a joke, judging a players dedication based on guess work. I'm sure he and medical staff know quite well when/if they are able to play. At least better than people that have no clue about the injury itself or pain and other side effects it causes.

Cabaye really doesn’t appear to be a player that seems happy not to play. And while I’m also disappointed that he’s not playing, the reason is as unimportant as it could be, since it says nothing at all.

It's a bit of a joke, judging a players dedication based on guess work. I'm sure he and medical staff now quite well when/if they are able to play. At least better than people that have no clue about the injury itself or pain and other side effects it causes.

Cabaye really doesn’t appear to be a player that seems happy not to play. And while I’m also disappointed that he’s not playing, the reason is as unimportant as it could be, since it says nothing at all.

:thup:

RTGesque.

Not sure it is that frivolous tbh, I know people who have been in absolute agony with tooth problems and I would imagine the demands of top level football would normally require you to always be in top condition body and mind.

Having intense agony must affect concentration at least, let alone being unable to put your all into a performance :dontknow:

You are right.  I had my front teeth knocked out by my brother when I was a kid and the nerves were exposed.  It was at the weekend and  I had to wait 48 hours to go to the dentist.  The pain was excruciating and I was unable to eat or drink anything until it was treated.

If it's wisdom teeth then it is somewhat understandable - they are a right f***er. Too much pain.

In high school one of my teammates had his wisdom teeth taken out and played the same day. Then proceed to get a ball kicked right to his face, still played on.

Point of the story is, Cabaye isn't dedicated.

If it's wisdom teeth then it is somewhat understandable - they are a right f***er. Too much pain.

In high school one of my teammates had his wisdom teeth taken out and played the same day. Then proceed to get a ball kicked right to his face, still played on.

Point of the story is, Cabaye isn't dedicated.

http://i.imgur.com/Y4z3y.gif

Didn't Pardew say that he had an infection in his mouth after having the wisdom teeth out. So its the infection keeping him out not the teeth.

Cabaye has been below par this season but to say he isn't dedicate is 'wide of the mark' in my opinion.

Didn't Pardew say that he had an infection in his mouth after having the wisdom teeth out. So its the infection keeping him out not the teeth.

Cabaye has been below par this season but to say he isn't dedicate is 'wide of the mark' in my opinion.

If it's wisdom teeth, then it's not unusual to be sidelined.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/20730/Van_Persie_follows_Gerrard_and_Malouda_wisdom_in_dental_stakes.aspx

For all the negativity around atm so much seems to me to be because Cabaye's gone missing. If he comes back from this tooth problem firing all cylinders we'll be much much better next game. He stitched us together last season and will again I'm sure. Frustrated at his start of season though.