Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon

It was a pathetic gamble in the summer to not bring in recruitments, hoping all our main players would stay injury free.  It's only November and we have already been well and truly shafted up the arse with injuries/suspensions.

What's most worrying is, when we lose one of our main/big players, there is a massive gap in quality and choice for a replacement.

Another long frustrating holiday period coming up.

If Cabaye requires an operation, why hasn't he already had it?  I can only think that an operation will have a reasonably fixed recovery time and we're only extending his injury by delaying sorting it out.

Have we had the obligatory 'getting sold in january so we dont want to risk him' conspiracy theory yet?

Big blow losing him for so long, I don't think we have another midfielder who can do his job.  Maybe Marveaux could step in and shine?  Amalfitano is the only other one off the top of my head as Bigi and Anita seem to be more defensively minded.

Guest firetotheworks

Over the next month I know that I'm going to be dreaming of him coming back and picking up the ball between the opposition midfield and defence and taking amazing shots and putting through succulant through-balls to the front three.

Then he'll come back and I'll quickly remember that Pardew will have him hounding players between where our midfield should be and our defence and everyone will say 'he looks unfit'

...and I will die a little bit more inside.

Confirmed on his website that he's due to have an operation on Monday (from what I gather).

:(

Hello everyone.

I announce that I'm going to have an operation as a result of recurring pain in the abdominal wall. The operation will take place in two parts. The first part on Monday, November 26th and a second part the next day. I will keep you informed of my progress regularly.

I'll do whatever it takes to get back as soon as possible.

Yo.

:undecided:

If Cabaye requires an operation, why hasn't he already had it?  I can only think that an operation will have a reasonably fixed recovery time and we're only extending his injury by delaying sorting it out.

Well, that's NHS waiting lists for you.