Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

According to RMC (via someone on that forum) we're paying him circa £85k per week.

???

:lol:

No chance. £85k a month perhaps.

'€400,000 per month, four times his Lille salary announced on RMC'

Has to be bollocks.

Definitely no way we're paying him that as a basic salary, maybe thats the max he could earn including bonuses (appearance, assists, goals), I could believe that.

Sounds promising this. Hopefully he's as good as the reports.

Wouldn't shock me if the club are willing to pay a bit extra in wages as they're saving on the fee and they know they're not really paying market price for him.

Guest WisconsinMagpie

According to RMC (via someone on that forum) we're paying him circa £85k per week.

???

:lol:

No chance. £85k a month perhaps.

'€400,000 per month, four times his Lille salary announced on RMC'

Has to be bollocks.

Seems like. But RMC has been reliable. Maybe since the fee was so cheap they shot some extra to the player? It works out to a "mere" £80K a week if you figure 4.33 weeks a month.

If they just spent anywhere near that kind of money it makes Barton's tweet today about not wanting to pay players look kind of bad. He seems to be backpedaling with the "Cabaye=good times....keep spending" tweet a few minutes ago.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/lille-yohan-cabaye-choisit-de-rejoindre-newcastle_67485

According to that there's not even agreement between the two clubs.

Eh, surely 'agreeing' a few would be the easiest bit?

Reading around it seems that all that is agreed is with the player himself (is that not tapping up? Fuck knows) and that no fee has yet been agreed between the clubs. Although they all seem to acknowledge the existence of this ~£5m release clause so you'd hope it was just a matter of formality.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/lille-yohan-cabaye-choisit-de-rejoindre-newcastle_67485

According to that there's not even agreement between the two clubs.

Eh, surely 'agreeing' a few would be the easiest bit?

Reading around it seems that all that is agreed is with the player himself (is that not tapping up? f*** knows) and that no fee has yet been agreed between the clubs. Although they all seem to acknowledge the existence of this ~£5m release clause so you'd hope it was just a matter of formality.

We're probably trying to haggle them down :lol:

"Howay man, cut us some slack. I've agreed to pay the fucker 85k a week"

proper smug with this. he seems very composed and a good passer - the perfect compliment to tiote. i just have a really good feeling about this bloke. signing HBA has obviously had an influence in france, HBA & cabaye will have an ever bigger one. and once gervinho/gameiro arrive....bloody hell. what is going on at this club?

but i'm still a little nervous that we'll be gazumped.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

This is exciting. :laugh:

Tiote breaking up play and moving the ball onto Cabaye, switching the play over to Ben Arfa and Gervinho to support Gameiro... :fwap: :fwap:

There's nee point in getting worked up trying to decipher a badly translated webpage, especially when it doesn't say exactly what we want it to.

Who's getting worked up? :lol: