Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

When our defenders have the ball midway through our half, he should be atleast on the halfway line looking to receive a pass from them not going all the back to take it off their toes. He sits way too deep and the game just passes him by. On the rare occasions he has played higher up in the past he has looked deadly playing in some killer balls which tear the defense apart. It is so frustrating.

Seems proper annoyed at the moment. Not just this match, just really fed up and irritable.

Definitely something up

If you were a technically accomplished player in a team with no movement or attacking intent, wouldn't you be pissed off?

Seems proper annoyed at the moment. Not just this match, just really fed up and irritable.

Definitely something up

If you were a technically accomplished player in a team with no movement or attacking intent, wouldn't you be p*ssed off?

I'd certainly be pissed off I had to play under Pardew

Definitely something up

If you were a technically accomplished player in a team with no movement or attacking intent, wouldn't you be p*ssed off?

I understand this, but he can't even make a pass backwards to a defender correctly. Must be an injury of some sorts.

When you get told you will be the clubs Xavi and then the manager gets you to play like Charlie Adam you would be pissed off as well.

Can't believe basing his ability as a footballer at the moment of course he looks crap any one would under this idiot.

When he plays for France he is able to hold his own against bloody Spain but for us he can't even do that against sunderland ffs.

One of the many reasons why this shit excuse for a manager has to go asap.

He's either massively overrated or being made look terrible through tactics. Same goes for Sissoko actually.

Certainly not fully fit though!

Its obviously tactics and we can imply this to the entire team.... Look at how Sissoko and Gouffran level has dropped since Pardew got his hands on them for more than a week or two :anguish:

It's mostly a stamina thing with Cabaye. He had a poor run of games like this last season but managed to recover.

I agree but honestly he shouldn't be running around like a pitbull like Pardew is getting him to do.... his stamina wouldn't be a problem then.

Frustrates me so much because i know he would look so much better under another manager.

I do also agree how ever he needs to behave better as captain and set a better example there is no excuse for that.

When our defenders have the ball midway through our half, he should be atleast on the halfway line looking to receive a pass from them not going all the back to take it off their toes. He sits way too deep and the game just passes him by. On the rare occasions he has played higher up in the past he has looked deadly playing in some killer balls which tear the defense apart. It is so frustrating.

This. We lack so much presence in the middle of the pitch, MYM and Taylor are capable enough to make simple 10 yard passes. It's rank watching Tiote and Cabaye come deep together, play some passes to one another while there's a gaping hole in the middle of the park.

I understand that hes being played out of position and one of the few who genuinely do actually look knackered but yesterday he just didn't look like he wanted to be out there, no passion, no fight! Don't want him as club captain. Then again I never thought Coloccini was a good choice either.

Both selections and the Jonas vice captain selection just highlights that we don't have enough leaders in the squad.

If he's going to be the captain he needs to lead by example not traipse around the pitch in a sulk, irrespective of the tactics.

The past few games have really said to me he's not a great captain.

Guest bimpy474

While he deserves criticism, it would be nice if the tit in charge knew how to get the best of out him, you would think 2 seasons is long enough for a professional football manager to work it out.

Guest Sophie S

Am I the only one thinking he's (still) struggling with a knock or an injury? He's been hobbling over the pitch during our last 3 matches or so. Limping and leaning over at every other break in the game. I don't think Pardew would have taken him off at HT against the Mackems otherwise, too. I think that really effects his performance.

(That aside, he should still be more vocal as our captain...)

Guest neesy111

Am I the only one thinking he's (still) struggling with a knock or an injury? He's been hobbling over the pitch during our last 3 matches or so. Limping and leaning over at every other break in the game. I don't think Pardew would have taken him off at HT against the Mackems otherwise, too. I think that really effects his performance.

(That aside, he should still be more vocal as our captain...)

Nope, most do tbh.

Though he has some general and basic fitness issues imo.

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Leonardo, PSG's sporting director, said he was interested in major French players. "The idea of ​​great players come to me please. I'm not talking about players like Benzema but Nasri, Ribery or Cabaye, said the Brazilian. I do not know if this is doable and I have had no contact with any of them."

Tap, tap, tap it up.