Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon

thought of a new chant:

"This ain't Alex Song this is Cabaye!" to the tune of This Ain't a Love Song by scouting for girls and a reference to people repeatedly mistaking YoCabs for Alex Song..

I am sure PSG fans will love signing that next season.

I think he'll give it another season here before deciding on a move. Unless an English team in the CL comes in for him in the summer.

I don't believe he wants to move, but he will have ambition. He's a talented player that's had a disappointing season. He did do a lot of work persuading players to sign in January though, which makes me believe he does see a future here for himself, we just have to progress along with him.

Bang on.

Also, he needs to play well himself before he can argue he has outgrown us.

I think he'll give it another season here before deciding on a move. Unless an English team in the CL comes in for him in the summer.

I don't believe he wants to move, but he will have ambition. He's a talented player that's had a disappointing season. He did do a lot of work persuading players to sign in January though, which makes me believe he does see a future here for himself, we just have to progress along with him.

Bang on.

Unless we go massively backwards...

I do agree though. I didn't see anything of Cabaye before he signed but I'd be staggered if he has improved as a player in his time here. He's going backwards if anything.

Bang on.

Unless we go massively backwards...

I do agree though. I didn't see anything of Cabaye before he signed but I'd be staggered if he has improved as a player in his time here. He's going backwards if anything.

:dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin:

I was more reflecting on the fact how u can say u didn't see someone play before then say they've gone backwards

"if anything". He certainly hasn't improved in his time here.

If we knew nothing about him before he signed he'd not be getting such an easy ride imo.

Bidding war about to start between PSG & Monaco, he won't be here next season, but we should be able to get something like £25-30m for him no problem.

So add that £30mil to the £20mil for Cisse...we should buy Cavani...

Anyone wanting to sell Cabaye is crazy. He struggled mightily towards the end of the year, but it was obvious he was tired/hurting. Also, he was having his mental issues earlier on and I'm sure was still dealing with that. He's still without question one of the three most important players in our team. Would be almost impossible to replace.

Guest bimpy474

Mental issues, ffs. Not to dismiss them but when he has one kid who's a massive nutter (in a lovely mad as a hatter kid way). A 10 year old who thinks he knows everything and an attitude to match. A fat lazy hulk of a wife. A mortgage for the next 20 years, fucked knees, a dead end job you worry about losing with the way things are, no proper social life. When he sees a trip to the library as a day out......ffs

Sorry rant over.

Mental issues, ffs. Not to dismiss them but when he has one kid who's a massive nutter (in a lovely mad as a hatter kid way). A 10 year old who thinks he knows everything and an attitude to match. A fat lazy hulk of a wife. A mortgage for the next 20 years, fucked knees, a dead end job you worry about losing with the way things are, no proper social life. When he sees a trip to the library as a day out......ffs

Sorry rant over.

This isn't about you.

Guest bimpy474

Sorry rant over.

This isn't about you.

Well gee, i didn't realise that. Thanks anyway though.

Sorry rant over.

This isn't about you.

Well gee, i didn't realise that. Thanks anyway though.

I love Bimpy's descriptions :lol: but depression is like cancer or the flu.

It's not something you decide to have because something isn't going right, it decides to manifest itself in you not the other way around.

Sadly we saw in Gary Speed, you can have a brilliant playing career where you are adored and respected, the vast wealth that comes with it, a beautiful wife and family, a really promising managerial career but depression can still hit you :(