Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Not sure if I am reading it wrong, but it sounds like he 'fatigued' and not depressed?

And that was the reason for my rant. Utter bollocks like. Genuine depression is horrendous, i've seen post natal up close and it's horrible.

To me Cabaye was just fed up, join the club. Difference is, he's a sexy talented fucker worth millions, who doesn't ever have to worry about money. Most of us worry about where the next penny comes from and that affects everything. And are ugly fuckers too :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Depression is much more complicated than that. You can have everything and still suffer.

I know that, and it's much more complicated than anyone of us can explain on here. But when you read into Cabayes story it doesn't show depression to me, just someone fatigued and a bit fed up with the way his football was going.

Guest bimpy474

Have money so must be happy...

Seriously :lol:

That's completely not what is meant, as i think you well know sir.

Guest Howaythetoon

Many people use the word depression or depressed to describe how they feel all the time without ever really being truly depressed or suffering from depression and I think Cabaye would fall into that category. I seriously doubt he was truly depressed or had suffered from true depression.

Having said all of that, what is true depression really? It is such a grey area and something I doubt anyone really understands or knows too much about.

Regardless, he clearly had some mental issues. And I don't think he was 100% physically fit the entire season. Fatigued at the beginning and fighting various injuries the rest of the way.

Many people use the word depression or depressed to describe how they feel all the time without ever really being truly depressed or suffering from depression and I think Cabaye would fall into that category. I seriously doubt he was truly depressed or had suffered from true depression.

Having said all of that, what is true depression really? It is such a grey area and something I doubt anyone really understands or knows too much about.

this post :anguish:

How could you possibly know what Cabaye was feeling?

:spit:

http://i.imgur.com/v97a7OH.gif

Guest strongbow69

shouldn't hurt him too much on the pitch, hopefully still here next season and back in the swing of things  :)

Mental issues, ffs. Not to dismiss them but when he has one kid who's a massive nutter (in a lovely mad as a hatter kid way). A 10 year old who thinks he knows everything and an attitude to match. A fat lazy hulk of a wife. A mortgage for the next 20 years, fucked knees, a dead end job you worry about losing with the way things are, no proper social life. When he sees a trip to the library as a day out......ffs

Sorry rant over.

Have you got cctv surveillance in my house??????????

Mental issues, ffs. Not to dismiss them but when he has one kid who's a massive nutter (in a lovely mad as a hatter kid way). A 10 year old who thinks he knows everything and an attitude to match. A fat lazy hulk of a wife. A mortgage for the next 20 years, fucked knees, a dead end job you worry about losing with the way things are, no proper social life. When he sees a trip to the library as a day out......ffs

Sorry rant over.

:memelol:

Guest bimpy474

Sorry rant over.

Have you got cctv surveillance in my house??????????

:lol: my thoughts are with you.