Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Don't like this "under pardew wasn't going to do much" thing, under pardew nothing will work and we'll go down sooner or later, our best chance is pardew goes and his successor has a decent squad to work with. Pardew with a good squad is still preferable to pardew with a shit squad.

Ca-bye.

I'm nowhere near as bothered about him as most seem to be  :undecided:

Like I say, it's the implications of it. I don't think we'd have signed anyone like Sissoko, Gouffran, Yanga, Debuchy if it weren't for Cabaye setting the ball rolling. It's just making me wonder who's next to go.

At 27 he might think he needs to win something - lets face it ain't gonna happen with us. If it is true (still not sure yet) at least it is Monaco and not Manure. Hope Dekka can fleece them.

Meh, his last 18 months have been poor, he said he loved the club and had no desire to leave and he's went for the riches what Monaco offer at the first opportunity. f*** him I say, bring in the Hughes from Derby.

Partially this, I can't blame him for jumping ship to some extent, but no player is irreplaceable, it neednt be a disaster, it's just whether the club lets it be one.

Meh, his last 18 months have been poor, he said he loved the club and had no desire to leave and he's went for the riches what Monaco offer at the first opportunity. f*** him I say, bring in the Hughes from Derby.

Yeah lets replace our best midfielder with an unproven kid, brilliant idea.

:lol: What a load of nonsense. Stifler must be fishing.

Ca-bye.

I'm nowhere near as bothered about him as most seem to be  :undecided:

There were games like Reading at home where he was unbelievably good, but then there's been so many more where he hasn't done anything. For £25m, I'm not surprised we're selling. It also helps solve the conundrum of playing a load of midfielders who sit in front of the back 4, but we'll see.

On the flip side, Cabaye was by all accounts set to be the new captain if Colo left, and was supposedly a big dressing room figure. Think the Liverpool game was the straw that broke the camel's back to be honest. Wonder how Debuchy feels about this...wonder how many more will follow.

Hands up if you don't give a flying fuck how much we get for him.

o/

I'd hope we held out for a fair bit, out of principle and a 'message' to deter other clubs from bidding for our other players. If we've sold him for barely double-figures, it would just invite offers for the other top players in our squad.

Hands up if you don't give a flying f*** how much we get for him.

o/

o/

Ambition requires holding onto players, and if players are to be let go there should always be someone with a season's worth of proven experience there to replace him. Cabaye would have been worth more after a successful third season anyway, selling him now is pathetic, football shouldn't be about turning a profit, albeit it is sadly

I'd be more bothered if it was Hatem tbh.

This really. Cabaye has disappointed me for a while, I don't rate him anywhere near what people on here do. If we have got a decent fee for him then so be it.

Well it doesn't matter how much we get for him, the outlay that they will spend on players they will spend will be the same if anything when we spend it will be guised as the Cabaye money and the big bumper tv money will all be forgotten about.

FUUUUUU Monaco

Hands up if you don't give a flying f*** how much we get for him.

o/

I'd hope we held out for a fair bit, out of principle and a 'message' to deter other clubs from bidding for our other players. If we've sold him for barely double-figures, it would just invite offers for the other top players in our squad.

It's not even July we didn't hold out at all  :lol: