Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

NUFCnewsnow.com ‏@NUFCnewsnow 1m

Tottenham Hotspur are the latest club to register an interest in Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye. (RMC Sport) #NUFC

Expand

Give us Townsend, Sigurdsson and Kane* then they can have him.

*No idea what he is like tbh but surely better than Shola as the big lad that inevitably comes off the bench.

O0

Tottenham Hotspur are the latest club to register an interest in Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye. (RMC Sport) #NUFC

Expand

Give us Rose, Sigurdsson and Kane* then they can have him.

*No idea what he is like tbh but surely better than Shola as the big lad that inevitably comes off the bench.

Get in, least we'll have someone in the Combined XI.

make them all sweat a bit longer including Cabaye, yes they may think they can get away with wanting away but, the clock is ticking and after the bell sounds Cabaye could be stuck here with nowhere to go till January, difficult not doing anything till then, he will comeback into the fold a weaker man realising he has very few options including his agents, he could always by his own contract for £20 MILL.

Guest Geordiesned

So Cabaye's representatives think £13-14 would be a fair price for him. I don't really give a fuck what they think. If we don't get out asking price then he's still our player, simple as that.

So Cabaye's representatives think £13-14 would be a fair price for him. I don't really give a f*** what they think. If we don't get out asking price then he's still our player, simple as that.

Asking price means nothing we ain't seeing the money

Expand

Give us Rose, Sigurdsson and Kane* then they can have him.

This is exactly what we should be trying to do with any teams coming in, look at who we could include in a swap as we won't replace him in time.

The club needs to draw a line in the sand and get this sorted asap. No more fucking around, give them a deadline and a price and stick to it. £20m (or whatever) and it gets done by Thursday night or the deal's off. If he continues to refuse to play* then he's suspended without pay and his price rises to £25m in January. The club continues to hold his registration and are quite within their rights to fine him continually until the penny drops.

Needs an iron fist approach.

*this seems to be the case but may not be true. :lol:

Nah hes free to go, we just want as much as possible. Clubs will pay more when they know you dont have time to replace a player & they need to sign someone, we're fine with not replacing him anyway id imagine.

Nah hes free to go, we just want as much as possible. Clubs will pay more when they know you dont have time to replace a player & they need to sign someone, we're fine with not replacing him anyway id imagine.

This is my fear, I'd rather we let him go "on the cheap" than leave ourselves short in the positions we need reinforcements. Saying that, there's also the possibility we will sell him for £13m tomorrow and sign nobody because there are no bargains about. The way I see it the player wants away and there's a good chance it will happen one way or the other, I'm just hoping it's not done in a fashion that leaves us utterly doomed.

The club needs to draw a line in the sand and get this sorted asap. No more fucking around, give them a deadline and a price and stick to it. £20m (or whatever) and it gets done by Thursday night or the deal's off. If he continues to refuse to play* then he's suspended without pay and his price rises to £25m in January. The club continues to hold his registration and are quite within their rights to fine him continually until the penny drops.

Needs an iron fist approach.

*this seems to be the case but may not be true. :lol:

Or tell Debuchy to skip the vaseline.

I've now come to terms with it all - that is, Cabaye's departure is now inevitable :sad:

Why does this have to happen?

Arsenal won't pay 20m or even 15m so don't give up hope just yet.

If Cabaye had played on the Saturday then I would have felt more at ease about the whole thing.

Is Cabaye really going to be much use to us next season if his head and heart aren't into it?

The best way to deal with this pig's ear of a situation would be to get a deal agreed ASAP, even if we think we're losing out on £5m or so by not leaving it until the last minute. Get the midfielder / winger / striker in that we'd then need, then finalise the Cabaye transfer.

Suspect we'll end the window weaker than we started it though.