Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Don't think Cabaye was that good when he came on personally. Had one little drive forward and one surprisingly good corner but other than that it was a lot of balls dropped over the top that didn't reach anyone.

Gouffran and Remy made the difference for me.

He wasn't great, but his ability to be more direct rather than play the simple game suited us better when looking for the full points yesterday. It's his ability to pick out passes across the pitch and understand the others movement that helped us.

Gouffran was once again very dangerous when he came on, but seems to be lacking confidence to get that goal.

"All our subs have been excellent."

Getting ahead of yourself yesterday, were you?

There's a difference in my head in being great individually and having subs being excellent by impacting the game in a way that brought us three points. So, I'll keep to that opinion.  :thup:

Guest hatem garrincha

I see what you mean but I was talking about his influence on the field. I thought he liberated some players yesterday when he came in, including Hatem.

Guest bimpy474

A Frenchman liberating anything is quite a feat like.

:lol:

Seriously, I hope he stays.

Yep, despite last season he is a very good player.

Don't think Cabaye was that good when he came on personally. Had one little drive forward and one surprisingly good corner but other than that it was a lot of balls dropped over the top that didn't reach anyone.

Gouffran and Remy made the difference for me.

He wasn't great, but his ability to be more direct rather than play the simple game suited us better when looking for the full points yesterday. It's his ability to pick out passes across the pitch and understand the others movement that helped us.

Gouffran was once again very dangerous when he came on, but seems to be lacking confidence to get that goal.

"All our subs have been excellent."

Getting ahead of yourself yesterday, were you?

There's a difference in my head in being great individually and having subs being excellent by impacting the game in a way that brought us three points. So, I'll keep to that opinion.  :thup:

Admit it, you got too excited and had your cheerleader mode on yesterday?

Guest bimpy474

I do think Arsenal will try again for him before the close of play tomorrow. They obviously won't double their offer though.

I did think this until they brought Flamini in, with Wilshire, Ramsey, Flamini, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Diaby, Cazorla and Arteta. I dont see why they would need or want another in there.

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 6m

Alan Pardew has confirmed that he has received another offer for Yohan Cabaye according to Le 10 Sport. #AFC? #PSG?  #NUFC

Strange outlet to give his only statement about Cabaye to.

GFF are checking their own tweet out as it obviously not true, Pardew hasn't spoke today, so he wouldn't have confirmed anything.

Guest bimpy474

Just been told Cabaye is in the crowd at the Monaco v Marseilles game. Might just be taking in the game but I doubt it.

What would he doing there then ?

Just been told Cabaye is in the crowd at the Monaco v Marseilles game. Might just be taking in the game but I doubt it.

What would he doing there then ?

Maybe he is one of the many, many supporters that attend Monaco home games?