Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Can't say i've seen too much of PSG this season but would Cabaye walk in the side or not? I'd be surprised if he doesn't but if he actually doesn't probably explains why they are making shite offers like 14 mil as they don't really want to pay 20 million ish for a squad player.

It will be gutting if we don't replace him this week. Inevitable that he will leave and getting over 5 times what we paid for him is good going and kind of shows there is some point in our transfer strategy. It will mean nothing if we don't use the 25mil and look to bring in 2 or 3 players to replace him and improve squad.

Cabaye for a Striker, Attacking Mid and Centre mid (8 mill a piece) would be good news. Even a Striker and Attacking Mid/Winger would be good use of the money. It's just unlikely we are going to improve the squad and find a player as influential as Cabaye. We don't have anyone in current squad capable of having that kind of influence on a game. Can Anita or Sissoko? - Probably not at this time although Anita is very tidy player, he doesn't have the attacking abilities of Cabaye and Sissoko is limited and unable to control a game with passing, defensive and movement like Cabaye can

I don't think it's inevitable he will leave TBH. All the issues about the World Cup, first team football etc still exist. And now it seems PSG value him at about £10m less than we want.

I doubt his agents would want to discuss with PSG if that was the case.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us stretch it out until Friday leaving no time for replacement and probably Pardew rolled out to slag off PSG for late deals.

We will keep our powder dry for the summer and most likely bring in a couple of players, however this season will be fucked as won't get that 7th  place without Cabaye or a replacement.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think it's inevitable he will leave TBH. All the issues about the World Cup, first team football etc still exist. And now it seems PSG value him at about £10m less than we want.

:lol: The agents that get huge fees for transferring their clients?

Whatever we receive for Cabaye, there is no chance on Earth all the money will be reinvested on transfers (see Andy Carroll saga). To lose a great player but replace him with 3 promising replacements would be acceptable but not with this club. Being 8th under Mike Ashley is possibly the most dangerous position as a fan for us to be in.... no targets, no threats. SALE TIME!

Whatever we receive for Cabaye, there is no chance on Earth all the money will be reinvested on transfers (see Andy Carroll saga). To lose a great player but replace him with 3 promising replacements would be acceptable but not with this club. Being 8th under Mike Ashley is possibly the most dangerous position as a fan for us to be in.... no targets, no threats. SALE TIME!

If we don't sign anyone it really is time to blood a young player or 2 as this season has nothing left to offer and we will probably drop to 9th or 10th. They will probably reinvest 15 million of it, I do believe that. With £25 mill we should be able to strengthen in a different way with a good winger and striker brought in.

My biggest worry is i can't see Newcastle going out and buying 5 or 6 players in the summer. Remy/Cabaye/Colo is basically the spine of the team so all them need replaced, squad players like Jonas/Obetan/Marv likely to move on, so you'll have to recruit there.

We've got so many players where it looks inevitable they are leaving and i'm not sure we'll recruit quick enough to push on. We've usually just struggled to replace one key player efficiently, let alone 3 or 4. That’s just without the usual speculation of Cisse/Ben Arfa/Santon/Krul leaving and of course the retirement of Shola. Horrible to even think Kinnear will be over seeing all this.

My biggest worry is i can't see Newcastle going out and buying 5 or 6 players in the summer. Remy/Cabaye/Colo is basically the spine of the team so all them need replaced, squad players like Jonas/Obetan/Marv likely to move on, so you'll have to recruit there.

We've got so many players where it looks inevitable they are leaving and i'm not sure we'll recruit quick enough to push on. We've usually just struggled to replace one key player efficiently, let alone 3 or 4. That’s just without the usual speculation of Cisse/Ben Arfa/Santon/Krul leaving and of course the retirement of Shola. Horrible to even think Kinnear will be over seeing all this.

We need to be getting some young players through. I had hoped Sammy, Campbell, Bigi, Streete etc would have progressed to play some part. Do we have any young wingers - what about Aarons or a 6ft striker (I suspect they are all Campbell like dwarfs)

Rob Scanlon ‏@RobScanlon_TV 1m

Impressive from Pardew. Answered every question, very open - admits that he's not confident of keeping Cabaye. #nufc

Expand

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG. That's not what I wanted to hear. :explode:

Rather him tell it how it is then just brush it off like he'll be here for the rest of the season. Shame the board won't give him a helping hand and have a replacement ready for him. No doubt just be left to get on with what he's got.