Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We were always going to be selling Cabaye - it's part of the mission statement and players always go where the money is sooner rather than later.

However we should be in a position to refuse the transfer unless the replacement is in place. We've had a long time to look for a replacement and there really is no excuse if they flog him without one.

£20M+ will be the reason.  The excuse will be that we did not have time to get the "right" replacement in at the right price. "Teams do not like doing deals for their best players in Jan".

Despite having a season touting him out to all and sundry inviting offers for our best player, we will not get a replacement as we are safe, likely to get a top 10 place (with or without him) and have no ambition.  Instead we will keep the cash, pay 20% corporation tax on the sale (as this will most likely all be profit).  Better to reinvest all the profit for this reason alone but we won't.

I'd be "content" with the sale of Cabaye IF we used the money to push the club forward (at least in the long term) by for example using the kebab money and sign two players like Cabella and Grenier! But that's the problem, we will not :( Maybe wouldn't even take long before we might be even better than we were with Cabaye.

Guest bimpy474

Is the selling of Cabaye as horrible as it might be, not the real problem. It's the buying of the replacement we're all more worried about.

We've got people in the squad as it stands to still do very well, I'm just not convinced with Pardew playing Marveaux/HBA ahead of fecking Shola. That's why we need a replacement because at least we know the chances are he'll play.

But if we leave until the last minute we wont get anyone as the prices will be up, and with our valuations already being as rigid as fuck we've no chance.

“Am I confident (of retaining Cabaye)? No. I don't think any team not in a Champions League position, or fighting for a Champions League position, would be different.”

I'm not saying we will get in the Champions League, but we're 7 points off of 4th so arguably we can still fight for the place. What a negative c***. I hate the prick.

Eh? What is wrong in saying that?

Guest bimpy474

Tonight's team news will confirm whether or not this is serious or not I guess.

Tonight, fucking hell is it already Tuesday.........i've been abducted by Aliens :lol:

We were always going to be selling Cabaye - it's part of the mission statement and players always go where the money is sooner rather than later.

However we should be in a position to refuse the transfer unless the replacement is in place. We've had a long time to look for a replacement and there really is no excuse if they flog him without one.

£20M+ will be the reason.  The excuse will be that we did not have time to get the "right" replacement in at the right price. "Teams do not like doing deals for their best players in Jan".

Despite having a season touting him out to all and sundry inviting offers for our best player, we will not get a replacement as we are safe, likely to get a top 10 place (with or without him) and have no ambition.  Instead we will keep the cash, pay 20% corporation tax on the sale (as this will most likely all be profit).  Better to reinvest all the profit for this reason alone but we won't.

Might get rollover relief if he invests it in some other non-player business asset ;)

I'd be "content" with the sale of Cabaye IF we used the money to push the club forward (at least in the long term) by for example using the kebab money and sign two players like Cabella and Grenier! But that's the problem, we will not :( Maybe wouldn't even take long before we might be even better than we were with Cabaye.

We used the Andy Carroll money to great effect, and we became a far superior side, but I have no confidence at all that this would happen again.

Reckon we'll sell Cabaye, get no replacement in, and just hit 40 points, and be done with this season.

MIGHT get a replacement in the summer, but yet again, the fat cockney bastard leaves us in a shite position.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Might get rollover relief if he invests it in some other non-player business asset ;)

BORE HOLE TWO

Guest bimpy474

“Am I confident (of retaining Cabaye)? No. I don't think any team not in a Champions League position, or fighting for a Champions League position, would be different.”

I'm not saying we will get in the Champions League, but we're 7 points off of 4th so arguably we can still fight for the place. What a negative c***. I hate the prick.

Well us being 8th and only 7 points behind Liverpool you might imagine Pardew would consider us a challenger for the Champions League places  :pardsgrin:

Fuck it, 8th is where it's at  :pards:

We used the Andy Carroll money to great effect, and we became a far superior side, but I have no confidence at all that this would happen again.

Reckon we'll sell Cabaye, get no replacement in, and just hit 40 points, and be done with this season.

MIGHT get a replacement in the summer, but yet again, the fat cockney b****** leaves us in a s**** position.

Well, we might have used the Carroll money over a period of 760 years. But i meant it more like if we sell, buy NOW!

Guest bimpy474

If he does go that hurts my fantasy football team, already had two transfers I did not want to make due to injury. Would put me on -12 before a ball is kicked. 

Fucking hate Ashley.

I'm the same but had two saved up transfers, used them but dont want a -4 to replace Cabaye :lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

Should tell PSG to bring £35m or dont even bother getting on the plane.  Having said that I just dont believe Cabaye would want to go back to Ligue 1 after playing in the EPL.  Its a backward step, unless he has been assured of a place in the WC and he plans on resting on the bench at PSG in the run up to the WC in order to recharge his batteries and to avoid injury...

Well us being 8th and only 7 points behind Liverpool you might imagine Pardew would consider us a challenger for the Champions League places  :pardsgrin:

f*** it, 8th is where it's at  :pards:

:thup: I guess my English is limited, I don't see him saying we aren't fighting for CL places.

Would people be happy if we lost Cabaye, but gained Cabella AND Grenier? Just asking...

If we got one of those two I'd consider it a bonus.

Aye... Cabaye out for a huge fee seems a given, now.

To get a 'replacement' in before the window shuts would be a bonus.

Pardon if I don't hold my breath, though!

Guest Roger Kint

Tonight's team news will confirm whether or not this is serious or not I guess.

Match postponed - Must be off then

Would people be happy if we lost Cabaye, but gained Cabella AND Grenier? Just asking...

If we got one of those two I'd consider it a bonus.

Both of them are highly unlikely given that it seems we have to sell to buy. Would lessen the disappointment though.