Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I'd be "content" with the sale of Cabaye IF we used the money to push the club forward (at least in the long term) by for example using the kebab money and sign two players like Cabella and Grenier! But that's the problem, we will not :( Maybe wouldn't even take long before we might be even better than we were with Cabaye.

We used the Andy Carroll money to great effect, and we became a far superior side, but I have no confidence at all that this would happen again.

Reckon we'll sell Cabaye, get no replacement in, and just hit 40 points, and be done with this season.

MIGHT get a replacement in the summer, but yet again, the fat cockney b****** leaves us in a s**** position.

Have we really used the Carroll money?

Guest bimpy474

“Am I confident (of retaining Cabaye)? No. I don't think any team not in a Champions League position, or fighting for a Champions League position, would be different.”

I'm not saying we will get in the Champions League, but we're 7 points off of 4th so arguably we can still fight for the place. What a negative c***. I hate the prick.

Eh? What is wrong in saying that?

Well us being 8th and only 7 points behind Liverpool you might imagine Pardew would consider us a challenger for the Champions League places  :pardsgrin:

f*** it, 8th is where it's at  :pards:

:thup: I guess my English is limited, I don't see him saying we aren't fighting for CL places.

Well when he says clubs like us are vunerable to Champions League clubs and Champions League challengers, he is indicating that we aren't one. If we were we would not sell and be one of the clubs preying upon such players. I guess it's about ambition, we could spend £25m and keep Cabaye and really try for 4th. Or sell him and not bother, which is what we're doing.

Whatever we receive for Cabaye, there is no chance on Earth all the money will be reinvested on transfers (see Andy Carroll saga). To lose a great player but replace him with 3 promising replacements would be acceptable but not with this club. Being 8th under Mike Ashley is possibly the most dangerous position as a fan for us to be in.... no targets, no threats. SALE TIME!

Our spend on transfers matches our transfer sales almost exactly since Carroll left.  Unless you mean no chance of it being reinvested in the same window, which obviously happened with Carroll and is a worry, even more so with Kinnear in charge :(

We should be asking for £25m-£30m for him but settle for no less than £20m. Also it should be subject to any replacements we have lined up, if we get non then it is delayed until the summer.

I would also want to put in a clause that says if PSG win the CL whilst he is a PSG player then we get £2m-£5m, because clearly that's their overall aim.

Guest bimpy474

It doesn't really make sense to discuss spending on transfers without the rest of the club's finances.

Yes because a club that has spent fuck all for a year might end up like Portsmouth if we dip into the massive TV money we just got.

Guest Brazilianbob

Its possible we might agree to Cabaye joining PSG in the summer, after all hasn't JFK said he won't allow any players to leave in January.  However, I would take that with a pinch of salt if he is on a percentage  of any selling fee.  Seriously though, I recall reading about a manager who said he got a cut of any profit made when a player was sold!  Now that would clearly define the roll JFK appears to be taking at NUFC....No players bought because there is no profit in that for him!

The majority that voted that Cabaye would remain a NUFC player until the end of the season, should take themselves out into the back garden and shoot what little if any grey matter they have, all over the lawn. And even if he does stay anybody actually thinking that was likely should have their computer/tablets/phone confiscated for being so fucking thick.

I'm dreaming, but I just hope the pay-off is big enough to edge Ashley towards his desired RoI and exit route. :fwap: :lol:

The only thing that gives me hope is the sudden interest in loaning players. It's proper straw grasping, but still.

Thats my only hope as well. :lol: :lol:

I'm dreaming, but I just hope the pay-off is big enough to edge Ashley towards his desired RoI and exit route. :fwap: :lol:

The only thing that gives me hope is the sudden interest in loaning players. It's proper straw grasping, but still.

:lol:

Why leave the biggest advertising board he could ever dream of without having to spend a penny on it?

The majority that voted that Cabaye would remain a NUFC player until the end of the season, should take themselves out into the back garden and shoot what little if any grey matter they have, all over the lawn. And even if he does stay anybody actually thinking that was likely should have their computer/tablets/phone confiscated for being so fucking thick.

So even when people are right, they're mental? Seems harsh.

We should be asking for £25m-£30m for him but settle for no less than £20m. Also it should be subject to any replacements we have lined up, if we get non then it is delayed until the summer.

I would also want to put in a clause that says if PSG win the CL whilst he is a PSG player then we get £2m-£5m, because clearly that's their overall aim.

Agree, we should be fleecing them.  Unfortunately I doubt the subject to replacement thing will be considered very important.  They'll drag it to the last day if it brings in a couple of million more even if it means no replacement.

The majority that voted that Cabaye would remain a NUFC player until the end of the season, should take themselves out into the back garden and shoot what little if any grey matter they have, all over the lawn. And even if he does stay anybody actually thinking that was likely should have their computer/tablets/phone confiscated for being so f***ing thick.

I didn't realise that the polls are this serious. Will make a note for future.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The majority that voted that Cabaye would remain a NUFC player until the end of the season, should take themselves out into the back garden and shoot what little if any grey matter they have, all over the lawn. And even if he does stay anybody actually thinking that was likely should have their computer/tablets/phone confiscated for being so f***ing thick.

Do you want a cup of tea pet?

:dowiespin:

Guest bimpy474

Agree, we should be fleecing them.  Unfortunately I doubt the subject to replacement thing will be considered very important.  They'll drag it to the last day if it brings in a couple of million more even if it means no replacement.

Really wish the thinking was about us the fans, it's always about the fucking money. No wonder the everyday fan feels detached from football these days.

:suicide:

Woah lay off the Pritt Stick