Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I don't have any bad feelings towards him, though I don't have much love for him either. Not sure why, maybe because he hasn't always played to his potential. And partly the Arsenal thing.

I want to feel like this but i still love him :(

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...fuck i'm broken  :'(

Come on Brett, get a grip son. You need a pint of ale and a loose woman.

Guest reefatoon

So long you petulant little c***. Enjoy missing out on the world cup squad, due to sitting on PSG's bench, while Sissoko shines in your place and gets picked ahead of you. That would be some sweetness right there.

Good luck to the lad. One of our better players in recent times.

PSG have got themselves a snip imo, worth at least a further few millions. Sad to see him go and a little surprised at the timing, though truly little surprises anymore in football.

Not sure the 'selling' club tag means much now, we are simply one of those clubs that will see better players leave to acheive their ambitions in the holy grail of the CL and to win things. We are by no means alone in that category and simply can't compete at that level consistently, barring huge and some may say ridiculous levels of investment.

That isn't Pardews fault (much is) and to some extent it isn't Ashley's either (much is).....imo

How we compete at the level we are at, how we utilise the resources we have, how we go about attracting players wanting to raise their profiles in maybe a more prominent league, or get young players to the club are all within their remit.

Going forward we have to hope they get more right than wrong.

I don't have any bad feelings towards him, though I don't have much love for him either. Not sure why, maybe because he hasn't always played to his potential. And partly the Arsenal thing.

I want to feel like this but i still love him :(

Like a girlfriend you picked up who wasn't all that great looking at the start, but then developed into an absolute beauty. She then realises she can now do better and cheats on you but you take them back because they are gorgeous, everything seems fine again yet out the blue they do the dirty on you again! When she finally decides to break it off for good, you can’t help but still want them back even though they've hurt you so much but you know they'll never come back...f*** i'm broken  :'(

:lol: Fucking hell.

You can still love him as he's not playing for Man United.

So long you petulant little c***. Enjoy missing out on the world cup squad, due to sitting on PSG's bench, while Sissoko shines in your place and gets picked ahead of you. That would be some sweetness right there.

I don't see any reason to be bitter towards him. He's on top of his career, heading to World Cup as one of France's most important players and gets to play in the CL in his peak years while getting paid millions. Hope he does well for them.

I don't see any reason to be bitter towards him. He's on top of his career, heading to World Cup as one of France's most important players and gets to play in the CL in his peak years while getting paid millions. Hope he does well for them.

I don't care how he does for them, but I agree in general.

Guest reefatoon

Think I might start being nice to Brett, he is starting to come across like an axe wielding lunatic. Absolutely terrifying stuff that.

Guest bimpy474

That's nothing that, just wait till Ben Arfa leaves. Full on breakdown.

That'll be your heros fault. Not playing Hatem pushes that scenario closer.

Guest reefatoon

It's the way football works. Love em when they are here, slag the bastards off when they leave.

Guest VanBarduck

Even if Cabaye's legs were broken in three places, there's no chance of Sissoko starting ahead of him.

Edit : the thought of this thread being close down, brings so much tears to my eyes

It's au revoir in my opinion.

At the beginning of the month I browsed a bookie site which was offering odds on January transfers - player and buying club. Even some of the most talked about ones were in the range of 5 to 8/1. Cabaye to PSG was a quite staggering 4/6 which would indicate a large amount of probably well informed wedge had already been placed.  Whatever people say about Ashley he tends not to fail in his objectives, he takes hits along the way and often goes for a bumpy ride but he sticks to his core plans and this fits perfectly with his sell high outlook.

If it is consolation, as things stand at present, I agree with earlier post that this will open the door for HBA to become the main man. Cabaye's roll has been increasingly free in front of a very solid midfield four, there was no way Pardew was having two "free" players and HBA suffered.

Any bookies out there who could explain what amount of money would have to be placed to result in the extraordinarily short price being offered ?  Wonder who was behind it ?

Guest reefatoon

Even if Cabaye's legs were broken in three places, there's no chance of Sissoko starting ahead of him.

Broken in three places you say?  Hhmm I would say there would definitely be a chance.

It's the way football works. Love em when they are here, slag the b******s off when they leave.

Jose Enrique was my favourite player when he was here, now I can't stand the cunts face. Agree with you if he had stayed in the Premier League.

Guest reefatoon

Think I might start being nice to Brett, he is starting to come across like an axe wielding lunatic. Absolutely terrifying stuff that.

No less pathetic than the s**** you just peddled.

you seem upset pet.

No less pathetic than the s**** you just peddled.

you seem upset pet.

"Fuck off for not playing for my favorite club, you cunt." It's the attitude of a petulant child.

Guest VanBarduck

Broken in three places you say?  Hhmm I would say there would definitely be a chance.

Even on his deathbed, Cabaye would start ahead of Sissoko.

I think it's come across like they have a good working relationship. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any desire to leave and has always fought his way back in the team and i expect him to do it again. For a player who was meant to be trouble, he hasn't shown an ounce of bother here under Pardew. Obviously Pardew will get no credit for that though.

I think it's come across like they have a good working relationship. Ben Arfa hasn't shown any desire to leave and has always fought his way back in the team and i expect him to do it again. For a player who was meant to be trouble, he hasn't shown an ounce of bother here under Pardew. Obviously Pardew will get no credit for that though.

Brett man!