Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon

As if anyone can blame him in the slightest for having had enough with this bloody cowboy outfit we call our football club.

It's not really a case of that, it's more that he spat his dummy out at the start of the season and wouldn't play for us.  As soon as a player does that then they can go and get fucked, doesn't matter how big a player they are, it's something you just don't do.

Guest reefatoon

I don't remember any of our fans being particularly outraged when Ben Arfa refused to play for Marseille so he could get his move to us.

I don't support Marseille so couldn't give two fucks what he did there.

Guest firetotheworks

Him not going to another premier league club helped in me continuing to like him. He was also a genuinely brilliant footballer. Very few midfielders that I'd put ahead of him in the PL era.

Guest TruToon94

Showed how much he cared about fans when he pushed a ballboy, what a twat. He was abysmal that season when we finished 16th as well. That said he was obviously our best player this season and I don't blame him for leaving at all as he's clearly class. Just a shame to imagine we could have had him and Ben Arfa as the heartbeat of the team at the start of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

He wasn't very good, yet was still one of our better players. He pushed the Everton ball boy like, not that it matters.

Nothing but love for Cabaye, I really miss having an honest-to-god legitimate hope of scoring when we got a free kick. Now it's just a question of which player will hoof it into the stands.

So he protested against the regime and fucked off to a different club, I can't blame him. We have a whole forum dedicated to the first, and any footballer with some self respect would attempt the second.

He wasn't very good, yet was still one of our better players. He pushed the Everton ball boy like, not that it matters.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/shocked/grand/71626282-shocked-reaction.gif

Translation

YCabayeofficiel @: @ Gaetan_C I'm lucky to play Park where the atmosphere is very good. But I will never forget St. James Park # cabayelive

Probably still sees the Sports Direct logos when he closes his eyes at night.

Hard to hold a grudge against him. An excellent player at his peak not willing to throw away his career at this amateur club, with no ambition or managerial presence throughout. same can be applied to Debuchy when he leaves.

I personally question any player who isn't born in to this that would want to stay.

I don't really buy this 'threw away his career' stuff TBH, even though I like Cabaye. He couldn't have possibly thought we were instantly going to become a champions league club when he signed his contract. He might have been let down over the style of football, but he should have known who NUFC was.

I don't have a problem with him leaving to PSG, that's normal, I don't see the need to pretend he was some sort of victim.

Still got love for Cabaye due to his performances. I didn't like how he went on at times but he knew the club has zero plans to go anywhere and he's in the prime of his career. If I were advising him, I would've told him to act a twat too tbh.

He dusted himself down and played brilliantly for the next 4 months. Had we been a club with any ambition we would've looked to have secured a long-term big money contract for his services - we didn't even try. You look at L'pool, they had a player do the same thing but they coughed up the money and told him they planned to join the big boys.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't really buy this 'threw away his career' stuff TBH, even though I like Cabaye. He couldn't have possibly thought we were instantly going to become a champions league club when he signed his contract. He might have been let down over the style of football, but he should have known who NUFC was.

I don't have a problem with him leaving to PSG, that's normal, I don't see the need to pretend he was some sort of victim.

Yet in his first season we almost got into the Champions League and with more spending and a better manager at that point would have had every chance of doing it again the following year.

We could easily have challenged for Champions League in 2012/13 if we'd gotten rid of Pardew and invested a little bit in the summer rather than January.

GK: Krul

RB: Debuchy, Simpson

CD: Coloccini, Yanga-M'Biwa, Taylor, Williamson

LB: Santon, Haidara

MC: Anita, Sissoko, Cabaye, Tioté, Marveaux, Bigirimana

FW: Hatem, Gouffran, Ba, Cissé, Rémy, Sholz, Campbell

Plenty of room to alter formations and rotate. Players to play good football.