Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Didn't he come out and refute the claims that he refused to play? I know who I would trust.

Think it was the other way around tbh, he apologised to the fans. Don't blame him for leaving mind.

Man, he was so fucking good, mind he was pretty inconsistent that second season.

He was very inconsistent in both of his full seasons. Shame we sold him after 4 months of his very best form by a mile.

An excellent player that quickly outgrew our inept club, can't blame him for wanting out, clearly if the clubs ambitions matched the supporters love for the club he'd have stayed for years. He clearly misses us but didn't want to stay at the club.

Cabaye has got it all wrong on Football Manager.

He needs to sell himself, Tiote, jonas, cisse, obertan for as much as he can muster and then sign:

Lambert

Hughes

Mayke

Gaitan (loan)

Matuidi (loan)

Anderson (loan)

Then watch lambert and gaitan partner each other perfectly to guide the team to league victory.

Just looking back at the lack of ambition, the shit manager, the shit way things are run within the club - i don't blame a single player for kicking up a fuss, contract or not. I know damn well he enjoyed his time playing in front of the fans and he knew damn well that we thought the world of him. Don't like the way he sacked off those few matches but the football he played 1st half of last season was world class and I'm happy he played for us.

The board, the manager, the fans liason pr fuck wits, whoever, can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned b/c under any other owner we'd be sitting with a squad ready to challenge for the CL under a top manager (who probably would have been found like the players abroad) and Yohan Cabaye would be the lynchpin in a midfield with the likes of Cisse, Remy, HBA, or Ba in front of him ready to tear it up.

Just looking back at the lack of ambition, the shit manager, the shit way things are run within the club - i don't blame a single player for kicking up a fuss, contract or not. I know damn well he enjoyed his time playing in front of the fans and he knew damn well that we thought the world of him. Don't like the way he sacked off those few matches but the football he played 1st half of last season was world class and I'm happy he played for us.

The board, the manager, the fans liason pr fuck wits, whoever, can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned b/c under any other owner we'd be sitting with a squad ready to challenge for the CL under a top manager (who probably would have been found like the players abroad) and Yohan Cabaye would be the lynchpin in a midfield with the likes of Cisse, Remy, HBA, or Ba in front of him ready to tear it up.

Bang on.

Any player with ambition should have no hesitation to move, and in fact the way this club is currently run by Ashley and his pimp of a manager they would be following club policy.

What I don't get is why there's been zero movement against the manger by the players as a unit or individually. This is the problem with having no leadership in the side and exactly why Colo was made captain.