Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest firetotheworks

I think this has been asked before, so apologies, but where does he rank as an out and out midfielder over the years for everyone?

For me it's Rob Lee then Cabaye and Speed battling it out for second, I change my mind often. Speed was in another league in terms of leadership, but without that it would comfortably be Cabaye for me.

Disagree he 's***s all over Herrera', you're judging him after what, 3 games for Manchester United. He's a fantastic player, it's only because he played for Bilbao that he wasn't picked by Del Bosque, a la Muniain.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Liverpool being linked with a move.

The sad truth is that Liverpool are a properly run club with ambition. The complete opposite to United.

If you were a player with any idea of success either in Europe or here why the hell would you come to Newcastle ? 

Guest Howaythetoon

He's just behind Lee for me like, Cabaye has far more to his game than Speed as good as he was. He even has attributes Lee didn't have, I.e. vision etc. for me Cabaye is a top top top player.

Also, him and Dyer were a brilliant partnership in midfield. The best I've seen in our colours. They could both win the ball, play it and do damage in the final third.

Both players would obviously improve us tenfold right now. When was the last time we had a CM capable of bringing the ball forward like Dyer used to? :(

Edit. Actually we haven't had a player like that after Dyer. :lol:

Always loved when Dyer would go pick up the ball the deep and carry it forward. Funny how solid he was at CM. Wish the fucker would have scored more though :lol: always used to gasp or celebrate madly when he scored. Add to that his Southampton FA Cup away performance man. He looked unplayable.

Always loved when Dyer would go pick up the ball the deep and carry it forward. Funny how solid he was at CM. Wish the f***er would have scored more though :lol: always used to gasp or celebrate madly when he scored. Add to that his Southampton FA Cup away performance man. He looked unplayable.

Best performance I can remember from him. Did he score a brace or a hattrick that day?

Dyer did really well against Leeds (brace?) if i remember correctly? Didn't Solano play him through on goal with a great ball in that game as well?

I've been too drunk too many times since then so im not sure :lol: