Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Another interview from him this time in France Football.

"It is true that people were surprised, but for me it was clear from the beginning. I was at Lille since 1998, I completed the League and Cup double, it was ideal. I wanted to find another club, another country, another environment. I have no regrets about joining Newcastle. I am sure of my choice. It is an ambitious club with a magnificent stadium which the supporters fill. When I arrived there on Friday after getting back from international duty, I noticed to myself, that I have arrived on a different planet".

:thup:

"When I arrived there on Friday after getting back from international duty, I noticed to myself, that I have arrived on a different planet".

"Lots of cyclops and hunchbacks everywhere, then the taxi driver told me we were just passing through sunderland"

:smug:

:lol:

From what Cabaye told L'Equipe, Pardew has asked that he sit in front of the defence and "make the others play" i.e. be a deep-lying playmaker.

that's how i've seen him play. so doesn't really make sense to go after Matuidi unless Tiote is off.

From what Cabaye told L'Equipe, Pardew has asked that he sit in front of the defence and "make the others play" i.e. be a deep-lying playmaker.

that's how i've seen him play. so doesn't really make sense to go after Matuidi unless Tiote is off.

Or we're going all Man City.

Or we're going all Man City.

Tiote as attacking midfielder a la yaya toure?

a la yaya sounds funny