Twitter nonsense

Thespence

1 hour ago, jack j said:

https://twitter.com/Bazro136/status/1665682973167964163?t=_mo0hkXkn50LUV2FGBbPVg&s=19

This account is one of the worst for it. Just constant whinging and bed wetting along with a load of anger

Gives me a chuckle. Go and get yourself a bit sun ffs

Just experienced the club’s best season in 20 years? Better sit on the internet all day and get increasingly furious about transfers you’ve imagined.

3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

How does a selling club take us for all they can? Surely we have a figure that we are prepared to pay for any player and then that’s it. 

The people who struggle with that are the same ones that go to bits in a car dealership and pay the extra £300 for floor mats.

I honestly can't blame any of these guys for taking nine figure annual salaries (or anything close to it). It's wealth on a complete different level from the already huge money in the game.

But I have to imagine many in and around football are starting to follow these Saudi clubs out of sheer interest in what's happening. Doubt it means anything.

Crazy salaries never worked in China, USA, Russia or anywhere else. I don’t know what the objective is, it’ll never achieves the original aims, then they scrap it a few years later. Rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Crazy salaries never worked in China, USA, Russia or anywhere else. I don’t know what the objective is, it’ll never achieves the original aims, then they scrap it a few years later. Rinse and repeat.

I think growing the game in the country and then getting a World Cup is the aim. 

But after today I'm a little worried another goal is the LIV model of attract enough talent to get the necessary leverage to take over the sport. Obviously much more difficult in football than golf for a lot of reasons.

On 06/06/2023 at 22:42, timeEd32 said:

I honestly can't blame any of these guys for taking nine figure annual salaries (or anything close to it). It's wealth on a complete different level from the already huge money in the game.

But I have to imagine many in and around football are starting to follow these Saudi clubs out of sheer interest in what's happening. Doubt it means anything.

Miggy would be a superstar over there tbh. I'm assuming we'd probably sell him for £50m or something daft as well, so could work out well both ways.

On 06/06/2023 at 22:41, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes.  I would.  They’re talking about ten times salary for the players going over there. 

Don't think I would. If I were already a mega multi millionaire I'd like to think money wouldn't be any sort of factor in deciding where to go if I was to carry on.

17 minutes ago, madras said:

Don't think I would. If I were already a mega multi millionaire I'd like to think money wouldn't be any sort of factor in deciding where to go if I was to carry on.

How much is enough?

Very rare people in any walk of life settle for what they currently have... Look at Messi who if he wanted could have stayed or signed for Barca on reduced wages and continued his legacy.

I do wonder what certain thresholds would make me consider ultimate job satisfaction over being filthy rich. I really couldn't see myself saying £2m a year isn't enough, give me £20m. :lol:

But then I'm not in their shoes and I don't have their lifestyle, longer retirement and sometimes wider family to support. 

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

I do wonder what certain thresholds would make me consider ultimate job satisfaction over being filthy rich. I really couldn't see myself saying £2m a year isn't enough, give me £20m. :lol:

But then I'm not in their shoes and I don't have their lifestyle, longer retirement and sometimes wider family to support. 

The Messi thing is more nuanced. I didn’t realise he owned a very expensive condo in Miami. Maybe a lifestyle choice. After winning the Copa and the World Cup, leagues in Spain and France and multiple UCLs, what’s left?

10 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

How much is enough?

Very rare people in any walk of life settle for what they currently have... Look at Messi who if he wanted could have stayed or signed for Barca on reduced wages and continued his legacy.

How much is enough ? It's rare true enough but not unheard of. I'm sure Colo got an offer from China but decided to go back to San Lorenzo.

16 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

How much is enough?

Believe there is a Spanish/eu law that they can't give an employee a new contract that's less than 50% of the value of the previous one.

That's what prevented him from staying before the PSG move IIRC.

Edited by dcmk

19 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The Messi thing is more nuanced. I didn’t realise he owned a very expensive condo in Miami. Maybe a lifestyle choice. After winning the Copa and the World Cup, leagues in Spain and France and multiple UCLs, what’s left?

Yeah my example figures were more on Miggy's potential wage (Spotrac estimating about £42k pw).

As far as Messi is concerned his fuck you money will obviously be on a different planet to Miggy's, I honestly think he's just doing what makes him happy at this stage which, because he's Messi, coincidentally results in money more often than not.

Dude is 35, has won practically all there is to win and was seemingly happy to take a paycut for his boyhood team if he could. Who cares if he wants to take it easy his last few years. 

2 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

I have no idea who this Simon Dobson is 🤷‍♂️

2D7394F1-3AB9-415A-BD92-286BACD5476C.png

Looks like some kind of ‘tipster’ putting something out to get a few interactions to help highlight his ‘service’

52 minutes ago, SteV said:

Looks like some kind of ‘tipster’ putting something out to get a few interactions to help highlight his ‘service’

Weird. 35k followers yet no posts since April, mostly horseracing. Seems an odd one to break.

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It would take 20k if you have to take the family?

I'd leave them. Couple of years out there...pop home every few months, fly them out when the gf is away...Come h9ne and retire. 😂