Twitter nonsense

Thespence

:lol:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) Yeah, yeah, yeah. Why aren't you deleting your account? Or donating to the SBR?

1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Whats all that about?

:lol:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) Yeah, yeah, yeah. Why aren't you deleting your account? Or donating to the SBR?

1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Whats all that about?

Bets he made over his ITK bollovks, he lost both times but has totally ignored the tweets about it.

There are actually some Newcastle fans that are happy with the way the money has being spent

:facepalm:

Hiya. I'm not happy with it, just not as annoyed as some people,

Guest palnese

I'm happy as long as we improve our squad. I don't care if we spend 35m or 3,5m on transfer fees, as long as we progress.

Shearer's renamed Sir Bobby's and all takings to his charity.........

Or the east stand being named the bobby robson stand with a percentage going to the foundation. It should have been renamed ages ago....although shearers is probly more realistic

Guest BooBoo

Not a slight on Sir Bobby, but if the club are naming a stand after anybody, Joe Harvey should be top of the list. His achievements as player and manager dwarfed Sir Bobby's.

There are actually some Newcastle fans that are happy with the way the money has being spent

:facepalm:

Like Toon Dale say's I can't see why anyone would have a problem with "the way the money has being spent." I think we are spending money a hell of a lot better than Liverpool, although my confidence might be shattered in time or justified by how Cabaye and Marveaux settle.

Granted we need to bring in more players, the club has never said anything to the contrary. If we had signed Gervinho, Gameiro, Matuidi and Taylor would people be happier? I would hope so although I'm sure the doom mongers would dismiss each deal due to Gameiro's least favourite color being green or some madness. The reality is all of those players have turned us down and we have to adjust targets. We have time to make sure we get value for money, we don't need to jump the gun on anything just yet if we are going to get a much better deal in the weeks to come. I can understand impatience and the impulse to knee jerk but too many fans want to spend for spending sake. People are quick to forget we have done the best early business we have done in years.

I still believe we are after another striker and attacking mid, then after that we will pick up any deals if they are right for the club, that could be no-one or it could be someone like Stephen Ireland. Deals always arise nearer the end of the window. Ideally we want our main striker signing in as soon as possible, but we are good to go for Arsenal with what we have imo.

Guest BooBoo

The players themselves we've signed...well its difficult for me to comment on as I've not (and I suspect this applies to many on here) seen Marveuax or Cabaye in action. We just have to hope they settle in and perform as if they flop, we're in the shit. FWIW and from what I've seen I think Ba will be a hit.

So really those three I'm relatively happy with but the bigger picture is poor. Our forward options are alarmingly limited and it looks like Jose will leave, leaving us without a single recognised left back and only one out and out right back.

In terms of how we've done so far in the transfer market thus far, I can only rate it at 4/10. Grossly underwhelming so far.

The article has a very slight point, but in the main it's just sensationalist bullshit. I would prefer that we we're as willing to spend money this summer as they apparently appear to be, just not on any old shite.

"I am not talking about the quality of players both signed."

"But I’m not talking about the quality of signings as such"

That pretty much sums up why we couldn't give a shit how much they are spending.

Guest johnson293

Thought Luke Edwards would know better, having worked up here until recently...

In contrast, although Ashley has pumped in more than £110m of his own money – in the form of interest free loans – to cover losses at Newcastle since he took over in 2007, and paid more than £250m to buy the club in the first place, he seems to be reluctant to continue bankrolling a loss making business out of his own personal fortune.

£134m purchase price wasn't it?

Guest bimpy474

How did Luke Edwards get a job with the Times, he was one of the worst local journos, him and Ryder are embarrassing.

His job is with the Telegraph mate not The Times ;)

The article has a very slight point, but in the main it's just sensationalist bullshit. I would prefer that we we're as willing to spend money this summer as they apparently appear to be, just not on any old shite.

"I am not talking about the quality of players both signed."

"But I’m not talking about the quality of signings as such"

That pretty much sums up why we couldn't give a shit how much they are spending.

Yeah, I love the way he dismisses the issue of the quality of the players right at the start, as though it's a minor consideration. In fact, it's crucial.

It's very easy to spend lots of money and end up no better off. Villa, Sunderland and Liverpool will find that, I suspect.

Another big assumption is that an owner who is 'in love' with the club is going to make better decisions. Shepherd was a real fan but his judgement was often clouded by emotion and impatience, he got over-involved in the football side, and many decisions were idiotic.

Guest Heneage

Is he not saying we are potentially envious that they've reinvested we haven't? Hardly a crazy statement quite apt in some corners.

Is he not saying we are potentially envious that they've reinvested we haven't? Hardly a crazy statement quite apt in some corners.

True, but I haven't noticed the tiniest spark of jealousy over Sunderland on this forum so far. And I reckon that's because despite their expenditure, they haven't moved significantly forward.