Paul Scholes retires

Taylor Swift

Guest Chubby Jason

How long before someone offers to suck Scholsey off in public since they've run out of superlatives to describe what a fantastic player/super duper fella he was.

Phenomenal player. Boring bugger though and he was a nasty little scamp on the pitch at times. The Mancs can fuck off with this model professional bullshit.

He is/was a model professional like. A few late tackles doesn't take that away. Ability aside, if all footballers had the attitude of Paul Scholes, the game would be infinitely better off.

It has always puzzled me why 'boring' is an accusation often levelled at certain footballers, as if it means anything. It's partially the typical footballer's desire not to be seen to be boring, to live it up, that's turned them into such a bunch of money grabbing arseholes who don't spend enough time perfecting their game.

Phenomenal player. Boring bugger though and he was a nasty little scamp on the pitch at times. The Mancs can fuck off with this model professional bullshit.

He is/was a model professional like. A few late tackles doesn't take that away. Ability aside, if all footballers had the attitude of Paul Scholes, the game would be infinitely better off.

It has always puzzled me why 'boring' is an accusation often levelled at certain footballers, as if it means anything. It's partially the typical footballer's desire not to be seen to be boring, to live it up, that's turned them into such a bunch of money grabbing arseholes who don't spend enough time perfecting their game.

Bang on Wulbert. :nods:

Fucking great player who could just about do it all. Comfortable on the ball, could pass, great touch and technique, good vision, knew how to finish, found space and brought others into play. The only thing he couldn't do was tackle.

He'll be a miss to the league but Man U will need to spend a fortune to replace him.   

Guest Howaythetoon

Of course he was underrated. The media and fans alike w*** themselves silly over the likes of Lampard and Gerrard yet neither are in the same league as Paul Scholes who if he were foreign would have been considered a world great rather than just a Premier League or club great. I'll probably get slated for this but Scholes was as good and in some ways better than Xavi or Iniesta. He was the complete package as a midfielder. Yes he couldn't tackle but he broke up play numerous times during a game by nicking the ball, closing down, pressing etc. which defensively is far more important than a mere tackle here or there. He could score goals too and lots of goals and in important games too. As for England, he was often played out of position, sometimes on the right and left, hardly ever in the centre. He was even played up front a good number of times too.

His goal away to Aston Villa is one of the best I've ever seen.

Technique of the absolute highest quality.

His goal against Bradford was similar and probably my favourite of all time.

In terms of importance and sheer quality, his best goal is probably his one against Barcelona in 2008.

His goal away to Aston Villa is one of the best I've ever seen.

Technique of the absolute highest quality.

His goal against Bradford was similar and probably my favourite of all time.

In terms of importance and sheer quality, his best goal is probably his one against Barcelona in 2008.

I have memories of Beckham and Scholes doing that corner thing successfully a few times but was it just that once that it worked? Always think of that as a Scholes corner whenever it's attempted.

Of course he was underrated. The media and fans alike w*** themselves silly over the likes of Lampard and Gerrard yet neither are in the same league as Paul Scholes who if he were foreign would have been considered a world great rather than just a Premier League or club great. I'll probably get slated for this but Scholes was as good and in some ways better than Xavi or Iniesta. He was the complete package as a midfielder. Yes he couldn't tackle but he broke up play numerous times during a game by nicking the ball, closing down, pressing etc. which defensively is far more important than a mere tackle here or there. He could score goals too and lots of goals and in important games too. As for England, he was often played out of position, sometimes on the right and left, hardly ever in the centre. He was even played up front a good number of times too.

:clap: