Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest guinness_fiend

er do they not grasp the idea of a buyout clause? because I sure ain't heard of a clause that allows the player to speak to a club but not actually accept the bid

No-one on this board has seen this supposed "buy-out" clause.  It may very well only permit initial talks.  

Eh? How would that work in any way :lol:

Easy.  Clubs are not obligated to allow their players to talk with any clubs whilst they are under contract.  It is entirely at their discretion.  An "interest" clause is just that.  From what I can gather, no money changes hands at that stage. It gives the selling club an opportunity to test the buying club's resolve without forcing them to sell.

Are you actually saying these words? Bloody hell you're a weirdo if you believe any of that.

Yeh clubs will always be allowed to speak to players - to deny them to do so (within Europe) breaches free movement of persons law.

Oddly enough, this is incorrect, which is why situations like the Bosman case arise.  Football exists in a peculiar legal bubble and the fact remains that it depends on what the contract and the FA rules say.  This article, whilst a bit old and not a proper brief per se, summarises the situation fairly well:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-under-contract-approach-clubs.htm

Guest palnese

Just show some ambition and pay the £10 million, it's only a few million more and we've got the £35 million from selling Carroll etc.

For real?

Just show some ambition and pay the £10 million, it's only a few million more and we've got the £35 million from selling Carroll etc.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/721972/pensive-cat-is-not-sure-about-that.jpg

I'm really struggling to decide whether this is sarcasm or idiocy.

Guest johnson293

I'm really struggling to decide whether this is sarcasm or idiocy.

Really??  ???

Guest SCJack

£13m + Smith and I think they'd be interested

DO IT!!!!!

Most fans would be interested in Routledge if you fancy chucking him in as part of the deal?!

The journo that wrote that article though hates us but he did break the Taylor interest first so who knows if this is true. This has dragged on too long now though.

DO IT!!!!!

Most fans would be interested in Routledge if you fancy chucking him in as part of the deal?!

The journo that wrote that article though hates us but he did break the Taylor interest first so who knows if this is true. This has dragged on too long now though.

Ryan Taylor and James Perch are excellent little players, chose one and deal is done.

Guest SCJack

DO IT!!!!!

Ryan Taylor and James Perch are excellent little players, chose one and deal is done.

Perch has been useless for you though I thought?!

Guest elbee909

DO IT!!!!!

Damn, we're rumbled.

Guest SCJack

DO IT!!!!!

Damn, we're rumbled.

Haha. Have a keeper we can have? Wolves nicked ours!!

DO IT!!!!!

given the delay in this it rings of truth to me. And with the dispute with Ipswich doesn't paint your chairman as the best

Guest firetotheworks

£10m is probably accurate on the Jordan Henderson scale, purely because Neil Taylor has legs.