Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

I still don't get this clause thing, what good is a clause that allows you to speak to another club but not actually have a bid accepted, just creates problems for the club say if he wants to go but his club won't let him all they have is an unhappy player.

Guest neesy111

How can they reject if he has a clause?

He has a clause allowing him to talk to clubs but no clause on a fee.  If he wants to come here he'll force a move eventually.

Is he even good enough to warrant the hassle? I mean, he's obviously highly rated down there but surely there is other targets that play there? Not that I'm against it like, but faffing on with him when our attentions could be elsewhere seems foolish...

Guest neesy111

Not claiming ITK or anything but Swansea supporting friend has told me it's done deal from his club contact.  Think Swansea are playing games with this transfer tbh.

Could be that Swansea are trying to do what Blackburn couldn't. Challenge the legality of the "release clause". We'll get our player in that case.

been my thinking too, judging by this and the business with Ipswich this Jenkins character seems a bit of a chancer

On that Swansea forum the other day there seemed to be quite a bit of talk that Taylor would sue the club if they didn't let him leave.

It was in the paper, that's why.

Just hot air from them, wanting more money. Any sensible chairman would do the same.

The fact we have already talked to him (prior to making a bid) suggests that he has agreed to join us.

why on earth would a player leave Swansea for Newcastle. Swansea play some beautiful football that the players must find enjoyable, and Newcastle fans are deluded i dont have a clue why they think they are a big club and their manager is an idiot. Newcastle are like the Audley Harrison of football.

On the sky sports comments :lol: