Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd imagine we would be paying him wages higher than what he is currently on at Swansea. In terms of the wage bracket, he may be in the Simpson bracket if we sign him.

I'd imagine we would be paying him wages higher than what he is currently on at Swansea. In terms of the wage bracket, he may be in the Simpson bracket if we sign him.

They signed him from the Conference. He's probably on about 1-2k tbh.

Big deal for him if we've gone and offered him like 10-15k a week.

Guest elbee909

It's like they're doing the Premier League impression of Doctor Evil in Austin Powers, after some prompting.  They've just woken up from their slumber, someone's come in for a player... ah yes, Premier League, that's where the money is, we want ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

This is no more or less mental than Nolan wanting 5 years. It's blatantly a negotiating stance; he'll have told them he wants to go and they'll want as high a fee as possible.

Think he will go anyway now. If the article is true his relationship with the club is broken and he will leave anyway if we get him or not.

They signed him from the Conference. He's probably on about 1-2k tbh.

Big deal for him if we've gone and offered him like 10-15k a week.

Maybe the prospect of earning at least 10k is what's swaying him to want to move here? I'm fairly certain we are probably offering wages which are significantly higher than what he's earning at Swansea.

I love the idea Pardew has to screen his phonecalls in case it's someone from another football team :lol:

'Hello... Who is this? No! NO! I'm not talking to you! I'm not talking! NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING! NOT LIS-TEN-ING! NA NA NA NA NA'

It's like they're doing the Premier League impression of Doctor Evil in Austin Powers, after some prompting.  They've just woken up from their slumber, someone's come in for a player... ah yes, Premier League, that's where the money is, we want ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

:lol:

Didn't Doctor Evil ask for 1 million first as well? :lol:

"Here's the plan, we use Neil Taylor to hold Newcastle to ransom for...   1 million pounds!"

"*cough* Don't you think we should ask for more?, a million pounds isn't exactly a lot of money these days, Newcastle alone this season will make £100m"

"Really?.. that's a lot of money.  Ok then, we hold Newcastle to ransom for...  10 million pounds!!"

http://esseoh.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dr-evil.jpg

It's like they're doing the Premier League impression of Doctor Evil in Austin Powers, after some prompting.  They've just woken up from their slumber, someone's come in for a player... ah yes, Premier League, that's where the money is, we want ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

:lol:

Didn't Doctor Evil ask for 1 million first as well? :lol:

"Here's the plan, we use Neil Taylor to hold Newcastle to ransom for...  1 million pounds!"

"Don't you think we should ask for more?, a million pounds isn't exactly a lot of money these days, Newcastle alone this season will make £100m"

"Really?, that's a lot of money, Ok then, we hold Newcastle to ransom for...  10 million pounds!!"

http://esseoh.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dr-evil.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the idea Pardew has to screen his phonecalls in case it's someone from another football team :lol:

'Hello... Who is this? No! NO! I'm not talking to you! I'm not talking! NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING! NOT LIS-TEN-ING! NA NA NA NA NA'

Gold!  :thup:

er do they not grasp the idea of a buyout clause? because I sure ain't heard of a clause that allows the player to speak to a club but not actually accept the bid

No-one on this board has seen this supposed "buy-out" clause.  It may very well only permit initial talks. 

Eh? How would that work in any way :lol:

Easy.  Clubs are not obligated to allow their players to talk with any clubs whilst they are under contract.  It is entirely at their discretion.  An "interest" clause is just that.  From what I can gather, no money changes hands at that stage. It gives the selling club an opportunity to test the buying club's resolve without forcing them to sell.

Are you actually saying these words? Bloody hell you're a weirdo if you believe any of that.

Yeh clubs will always be allowed to speak to players - to deny them to do so (within Europe) breaches free movement of persons law.