Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

:dontknow:

Frankly just getting tired of this deal. His agent (or 2 agents?), his apparently huge demands... just decide one way or another. I'd happily have him but he's not worth breaking the bank over.

You know it's bad when a fan of ANOTHER club is getting tired of the saga.  :lol:

Story is basically the opposite of what we've been told earlier. Can't see that this article have much truth in it.

Hmm, most accounts/reports I've seen (yes, just speculation) have been along these lines - that it's his agent (or should I say 2 agents?) who is the key player here, and is basically causing this to become such a boring drawn-out saga.

Oh, and it reckons both us and Everton are willing to pay close to his wage demands, which they reckon are £75k+. Ha.

http://www.enterakt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/facebook-dislike-button.jpg

£2m agent fee and £75k per week? :lol: They think we're still owned by Shepherd like?

Exactly, no way we'll be involved in that

Likewise, it's hardly Bill's nature to have "Hey Big Spender" blaring out of his office as he throws bags of cash in the air.

Story is basically the opposite of what we've been told earlier. Can't see that this article have much truth in it.

Hmm, most accounts/reports I've seen (yes, just speculation) have been along these lines - that it's his agent (or should I say 2 agents?) who is the key player here, and is basically causing this to become such a boring drawn-out saga.

Yeah, the agents definitely seem to be the problem. I was talking about who he favoured and which of the camps that denies to pay what the agents demands. Read basically the exact same story somewhere, just with opposite set of views. Can't remember where though.

Graeme Bailey has something:

Demba Ba situation will be resolved in next 48 hours, terms agreed with both #nufc & #efc but looks set for Toon, but they want it done ASAP

His agent will get a new home shirt and a free ticket to a category three game at St James Park, and like it!

Better than tickets to blood brothers

Ashley offered Barton a choice, a new contract or the mystery box...

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9sadcpIvP1qdy1k6o1_500.jpg

West Ham striker Dema Ba leaves club

9:58am Wednesday 15th June 2011

Print

Email

Comments(0)

West Ham striker Demba Ba has reportedly left the club after turning down a £50,000 a week contract offer.

The 26-year-old scored seven goals in ten Premier League starts last season and is not prepared to play in the Championship. Ba has been strongly linked with a move to either Everton or Newcastle United.

Alan Pardew, the Newcastle boss, said: “Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England, and he's a good player. I'm very much aware of him, and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I've known about him for a while, before he went to West Ham. We're not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition, and we will keep plugging away.

"If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season."

Senegalese striker Ba had a release clause which has been activated after their relegation which will allow him to leave on a free transfer. It is understood German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has also been allowed to leave on a free transfer.