Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

This isn't going to go down well but having followed Ba's antics at Hoffenheim I do fear that his main motivation is money. Don't get me wrong, he comes across as an extremely likeable guy and I genuinely believe him when he says he is having fun here.

But we need to be realistic about this. As soon as a club comes in who will offer him more money than us he will be off. (And let’s be honest, under the current owner there are many clubs in Europe who will be able to offer him more money than we will).

I don’t think he will leave in January but I would be surprised if he is still here next season. I hope I’m wrong like but this is my realistic take on this.

And this goes without saying but I would far rather he joined PSG than any Prem club, especially Spurs or the racists.

If PSG came in with £20m offer tomorrow i'd think that was good business for us.

Release clause, cough.

Not a CL club, cough.

Summer transfer *cough*cough*

tomorrow cough fuking cough

If PSG came in with £20m offer tomorrow i'd think that was good business for us.

What constitutes good business?

£20m for a player we got on a free 6 months ago. That part is good business, i've not suggested what follows that will be good business.

PSG were always the big worry like, for the simple fact that they can throw whatever they want at him and not really have to worry that much about it going tits up with his knee. If this doesn't happen in January I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen in the summer.

Hopefully Ba has a desire to continue playing in the Premier League.

Guest WashyGeordie

As good as gone in the summer tbh.

Unless we offer him a new deal without the clause.

And of course a life time supply of Stawberry syrup!

The bloke has gone on strike twice in the past to force through moves and actively states on his website he'd like to play for one of Arsenal, Chelsea or Bayern Munich.

Don't doubt he's a nice fella but he's also evidently a mercenary.