Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not worried at all tbh.

If he gets us into Europe and leaves in the summer for a mega club or a mega deal so be it.

He is on course to get 25 prem goals this year. Anyone who thinks he would still be here after that needs a reality check. Only potentially Arsenal have that in RvP and he will mote than likely go to City

Expect this to be blown up all out of proportion in our press the next couple of days.

Same person then changes the thread title. :lol:

:lol: I mean in terms of the media will make this out that he's definitely leaving, when all he's done is answered a leading question.

He's off isnt he?

Fuck sake :spit:

No surprise that that article about maybe getting a striker actually went round, we're having an early peek at replacements

Hope whoever we get as a replacement isn't very good, we need a striker we can keep for more than half a season.

ask any player at the vast majority of clubs and the reply would be the same bar the bit about supporting the club.

Aye.

Was about to post same, the same kind of diplomatic reply, lets say for example, Carrick would make.

Brian Robson and various other Geordies who never played for us all said similar things.

If PSG came in with £20m offer tomorrow i'd think that was good business for us.

psg are absolutely loaded aswell, wont be surprise if we get more than that because their new owners have more money than sense.

shame erdinc didnt want to join us, because they were willing to sell.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If PSG came in with £20m offer tomorrow i'd think that was good business for us.

What constitutes good business?

Getting 35 million and then going on to strengthen the t.........

Oh shit, flawed!

Guest WashyGeordie

If it's going to be £20mil (which it probably won't be)... I'd rather Erding + £10mil.

As atleast we won't be a player short. But considering Lovenkrands will no doubt leave on a free in the summer, surely we should be aiming at keeping Ba, and then adding another striker aswell.

ask any player at the vast majority of clubs and the reply would be the same bar the bit about supporting the club.

Aye.

Was about to post same, the same kind of diplomatic reply, lets say for example, Carrick would make.

Brian Robson and various other Geordies who never played for us all said similar things.

it's not even diplomatic due to him supporting the club. i've no doubt if any of evertons or stokes players were asked they wouldn't be saying 'no'.

most players would say "yes it'sd possible" to a club who are spending money more than all bar 3 or 4 in the world.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If it's going to be £20mil (which it probably won't be)... I'd rather Erding + £10mil.

Can't believe we're even considering it man.

Guest WashyGeordie

Can't believe we're even considering it man.

I know, i know.

Just to entertain the idea for a second.. I imagine PSG have a few good players knocking about who aren't getting a chance because of their spending (Erding for one).

If we were going to let him go I would much rather we went to the elusive swap deal getting 2 or 3 of their good players here than however many million that just doesn't get spent on players.