Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Look I fully understand that Harry redknapp is probably the least trustworthy man in football and doesn't conduct himself in the best of manners but you're directing your hate/abuse at the wrong person. If there is a release clause then your board have made one of the most ridiculous decisions in modern day football. Why the f*** would a premier league club agree to put such a low release clause for a player that's playing for a team a division below. Being held to ransom by a player playing for a bigger club is one thing but who agrees to putting a release clause of a player that's just come from a relegated team? Actually who else in the premier league actually has a release clause.

Our board bringing here was a fantastic piece of business. The board aren't to blame.

Look I fully understand that Harry redknapp is probably the least trustworthy man in football and doesn't conduct himself in the best of manners but you're directing your hate/abuse at the wrong person. If there is a release clause then your board have made one of the most ridiculous decisions in modern day football. Why the fuck would a premier league club agree to put such a low release clause for a player that's playing for a team a division below. Being held to ransom by a player playing for a bigger club is one thing but who agrees to putting a release clause of a player that's just come from a relegated team? Actually who else in the premier league actually has a release clause.

I think you're missing the point. He shouldn't be talking about other teams players. He does it all the time, hence the abuse.

Now fuck off back to the spurs boards.

Thanks.

At it again today with Samba. It's completely out of order.

Guest kingdawson

Look I fully understand that Harry redknapp is probably the least trustworthy man in football and doesn't conduct himself in the best of manners but you're directing your hate/abuse at the wrong person. If there is a release clause then your board have made one of the most ridiculous decisions in modern day football. Why the f*** would a premier league club agree to put such a low release clause for a player that's playing for a team a division below. Being held to ransom by a player playing for a bigger club is one thing but who agrees to putting a release clause of a player that's just come from a relegated team? Actually who else in the premier league actually has a release clause.

I think you're missing the point. He shouldn't be talking about other teams players. He does it all the time, hence the abuse.

Now f*** off back to the spurs boards.

Thanks.

eh? i've been on this board longer than you?

btw

What exactly is wrong with you? didn't you get from the last few times you've tried to quote me with no response that i considered you a non entity? you're 1 level below brooklyn Brawler status.

Guest kingdawson

Our board bringing here was a fantastic piece of business. The board aren't to blame.

How was it "fantastic piece of business"? well no actually it was very good business by your board as Ba is an excellent player but how exactly is it "excellent business" putting a low relase clause in his contract (if thats the case). By doing that your board have more or less agreed to take a player on, showcase his skills and prove his fitness..and  as soon as the window opens allow the player to leave for a small fee.

Guest guinness_fiend

How was it "fantastic piece of business"? well no actually it was very good business by your board as Ba is an excellent player but how exactly is it "excellent business" putting a low relase clause in his contract (if thats the case). By doing that your board have more or less agreed to take a player on, showcase his skills and prove his fitness..and  as soon as the window opens allow the player to leave for a small fee.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/funny-gifs-cool-story-bro.gif

(To be fair, I agree with most of what you're saying.  I just wanted an excuse to post this!)

Basically we are 11 days into the transfer window (a third of the way), we have the second most prolific striker in the league and not one club has attempted to activate his apparent <£7m release clause.

Not to mention letting him go off to the ACN which surely complicates negotiations when they could have been done and dusted long before he left.

:hmm:

Guest kingdawson

KingDawson - £20 says Ba won't be playing for a different Premiership team this season. Deal?

eh?

why would i take that deal if i ..

A) Don't think he'll leave

B) Already said that despite me thinking he's an awesome player i'd prefer he stays and shows some loyalty then join my own team.

Better to love Ba and lost, then to never have Ba at all. You'll never know though as you and your saggy faced criminal of a manager won't ever get him.

Guest kingdawson

KingDawson - £20 says Ba won't be playing for a different Premiership team this season. Deal?

Just bet your accounts till the end of the season. :)

who would you want to lose :(

Now f*** off back to the spurs boards.

Thanks.

eh? i've been on this board longer than you?

btw

What exactly is wrong with you? didn't you get from the last few times you've tried to quote me with no response that i considered you a non entity? you're 1 level below brooklyn Brawler status.

Yes, I'm a non-entity.

My issue with you is that:

1. You support spurs.

2. You come on here, offer very little but wummery, unlike the likes of Neil.

3. Because of point 2, my friend called you a sad cunt and ended up banned.

4. I question why you bother even going on other forums when you could be frapping over a spurs forum, all happy in the self satisfaction that Harry Redknapp is great, cant put a foot wrong and how everyone loves him, whilst frapping over YouTube clips of the worlds bestest player in the universe ever.

5. And the last point, is quite frankly, Michael Dawson is shit and your username grates on me.

That is all.

Blaming the board, really? :lol:

100% guaranteed that Ba wouldn't have signed without the clause - plus with his dodgy knees it was safety for both sides of the party (we pay him a lower basic wage with higher appearance fee in return for a clause in his contract).