Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest kingdawson

"He's done very well, he's a player that everybody should have took from West Ham, so.....i keep hearing conflicting reports regarding his buy out clause is, one person says 1 thing and the other says he can be bought for X amount......the only people that know are Demba Ba and Newcastle"

Re: Redknapp: Demba Ba release clause "less than £7m"

redknapp says "only people who'll know buy-out fee are newcastle and demba ba".

:lol:

Would be nice if just one journo had the balls to ask " harry, do you think It's appropriate the way you are talking about a player contracted to another club ?"... But I won't hold my breath.

They won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Re: Redknapp: Demba Ba release clause "less than £7m"

redknapp says "only people who'll know buy-out fee are newcastle and demba ba".

:lol:

"He's done very well, he's a player that everybody should have took from West Ham, so.....i keep hearing conflicting reports regarding his buy out clause is, one person says 1 thing and the other says he can be bought for X amount......the only people that know are Demba Ba and Newcastle"

lol

Mike Bassett England Manager - is that a foreshadowing of Harry Redknapp?

Margaret: Mike, here's the squad list, and I've given copies to the press, like you asked.

Mike: Ah, well done, Margaret, thank you... hey, hang on a minute! There's 28 names here, I only picked 26.

Margaret: Well, that was the list you gave me.

Mike: Tony Hedges, York City? I didn't pick him, love.

Margaret: You must have done, Mike. I wouldn't have put him down, otherwise.

Mike: Never heard of him, have I? And who's this clown? Ron Benson, Plymouth Argyle?

Margaret: Look, Mike, they were on the list of players that you gave me!

Mike: [holding up the cigarette box he wrote the squad list on] Oh, come on, love! Show me where it says "Benson and Hedges" on that.

great

The issue is quite simple. free transfer plus pay as you play element to the contract means a low insurance bill. If a club wants to pay the 7m and match the terms Ba would ask for, then the insurance fee will rocket presuming that the insurance payments are set to a high percentage of the fee accrued by a club for Ba over the duration of the contract.

Say insurance figure for Ba after his poor medical is 20 percent of what we pay.

At a 30,000 a week basic pay for three years plus 2m agent fee that is 1.3m insurance fee.

Now for Ba to be willing to leave he wants a 4 year contract at 50000 a week basic pay, plus 3m for his agent. We get 7m. That makes an insurance bill of 4m.

:serious:

I must be stupid then, did not understand a shit of that :lol:

It is really simple. Clubs want insurance to cover wages while a player is injured, and transfer fee in case of premature retirement.

Insurance companies set the bill based on how much the player is to be covered for. So the more a player costs the higher the insurance payment.

Insurers want to make sure that the payment covers the risk. Therefore when Ba's knee is looked at they ask for a very high proportion of the requested cover to be paid. This was affordable for us, but not for Stoke or Stuttgart. West Ham were desperate and may not have taken full cover. Now for Ba to leave, he would need to be enticed with better pay and we get our fee. This rockets the insurance cost up so that it can only be a deal viable for the rich stupid or desperate.

Insurers want to make sure that the payment covers the risk. Therefore when Ba's knee is looked at they ask for a very high proportion of the requested cover to be paid. This was affordable for us, but not for Stoke or Stuttgart. West Ham were desperate and may not have taken full cover. Now for Ba to leave, he would need to be enticed with better pay and we get our fee. This rockets the insurance cost up so that it can only be a deal viable for the rich stupid or desperate.

expect a bid from Liverpool shortly then.