Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Chelsea have been playing a ridiculous high line all season. They still have a rugged centre of defence and midfield that will be difficult to break through. They are most vulberable to balls played into space in front of the defence. The pace of Ba, Jonas, and HBA/Ameobi/Obertan/Lovenkrands/Ranger will be important.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's hard when you come across a good winger because there's so much open to him if I'm playing full back I try and the right balance between standing off and sticking tight so he can't get a good cross off.

So he cuts inside and shoots...

Exactly a winger with pace, and most importantly who knows how to use it properly, is always going to give a fullback a tough time - it's just one of them! Unfortunately, Obertan doesn't do that enough yet, am pretty sure Pardew himself pointed to that fact himself after the Stoke game, however, he did begin to do it more in that game and will hopefully continue to do so.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Obertan has slotted seamlessly into the position of scapegoat but I reckon he'll be quite handy eventually, he just needs to strike a balance. There's no way he should be getting down that wing and then sitting there and holding it up.

I'm a massive Best fan, I think he offers us a presence, his hold up play is usually superb and he's a beast in the air, constantly rowing with those around me who slate him for the entire game.  However, going 4-4-2 against Man U away is a bit optimistic and I think HBA is starting to show he's getting somewhere near to his best, I'd play him.  I also feel with Best in the team, we revert to hoof ball tactics a lot of the time and against Vidic, I can't see it working.

In time, I would like to see how we get on with HBA, Best and Ba all on the same pitch.  Still baffled by Pards' comments about HBA not being able to play on the wing, really restricted himself now.  I personally would love to see him get a go on the right.

Agree, I'm a massive Best fan but against Man Utd I would let HBA continue in the team, see what he can produce. Against Chelsea I'm not sure, their defence can be vulnerable to direct play so Best might play a part.

I think HBA's quick feet and ability to thread a pass in behind them would do just as much damage to Chelsea, if not more. If Mikel drops deep to mark him then we're onto a winner because 1) he won't be able to handle him, 2) it'll free up more space for Cabaye to come forward

Obertan has slotted seamlessly into the position of scapegoat but I reckon he'll be quite handy eventually, he just needs to strike a balance. There's no way he should be getting down that wing and then sitting there and holding it up.

I've missed him since he's been injured and that speaks volumes on a personal level, I think he's contributed a lot to our style of attack, albeit inconsistently, much like HBA's brief cameos.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeh i think that Obertan will grow into it and we have missed him. He's been at times useful and at other times useless.

His pace is excellent and he's got some great skills, sadly at NUFC so far we've yet to see the two combine, he's scared of beating his man which is again a shame because you know for a fact at some point in his life he's done it for fun.

Chelsea have been playing a ridiculous high line all season. They still have a rugged centre of defence and midfield that will be difficult to break through. They are most vulberable to balls played into space in front of the defence. The pace of Ba, Jonas, and HBA/Ameobi/Obertan/Lovenkrands/Ranger will be important.

Aye. I'm sure Lovenkrands and Ranger will be very important against Chelsea.

Guest bengenufc

Not long till the old story of giving him the number nine shirt comes up... i say forget it give the shirt to james perch and lets play ball!