Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Starting to think he might just turn out to be the best striker we've seen since 96-97 Shearer.

till he gets injured and we say "see this is what happens when you buy injured rubbish"

Like that'll happen. He's a fucking great player.

Deadly. Not looking forward to his non-availability in January.

When will he leave for Africa? Anyone know?

Tournament starts 21st January. I would expect his last game for us to be Blackburn in the FA Cup on the 7th; our next game is on the 15th which might be too late.

Starting to think he might just turn out to be the best striker we've seen since 96-97 Shearer.

01-02 Bellamy.

Different kinds of players really - although in terms of being a goalscorer Bellamy back then was nowhere near the same level as Ba is.

Deadly. Not looking forward to his non-availability in January.

When will he leave for Africa? Anyone know?

Tournament starts 21st January. I would expect his last game for us to be Blackburn in the FA Cup on the 7th; our next game is on the 15th which might be too late.

Merci.

01-02 Bellamy.

Different kinds of players really - although in terms of being a goalscorer Bellamy back then was nowhere near the same level as Ba is.

I'd still plump for Bellamy, at this moment, just for how he was able to drive at defences. Both fantastic though. You'd be a lucky manager to have a choice between the two :lol:

Guest palnese

If only we had a decent poacher. He's brilliant in the hole.

Eh?

What KenDahl said. I like him in a withdrawn role, behind the main man.