Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Happy with this, always thought he was a decent striker. Certainly better then what we have!

Good news on the surface; decent player with an impressive scoring record for very little.

Coupled to our history with injuries though... :lol:

This. Can only hope our dreadful medical team don't destroy him.

You had a medical for NUFC like?

Yeah, passed it with a broken foot.

Haw haw, you negative bastard.

Guest Wearside

Decent player if his injury problems are not as bad as reported and a decent goalscoring record.

It seems to me though that all of Newcastle's strikers are pretty similar though.Ba,Ameobi,Best,Ranger all same kind of player to me and I'd have thought you'd have been looking for a different type of striker rather than another targetman type.

Decent player if his injury problems are not as bad as reported and a decent goalscoring record.

It seems to me though that all of Newcastle's strikers are pretty similar though.Ba,Ameobi,Best,Ranger all same kind of player to me and I'd have thought you'd have been looking for a different type of striker rather than another targetman type.

He's a combo of what we've got, pace of loven, physical size of ameobi, and hopefully the goals of Best. Hopefully it means we can boot out loven and ameobi, if so cracking upgrade.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's obviously a combination of factors, you only have to look at the attempts to address it by the club over the last few years. Including changing the staff.

Was discussing injuries with a Sunderland supporting friend, and how Souness' NUFC injury crisis was pretty similar to that of Sunderland's at the moment. Basically players being rushed back before they are ready, with the manager ignoring club doctor/physio advice, only for the players to aggravate/get injured again.

Our old staff wasn't the greatest, remember sharing by pretty vocal about it at one point when he was 'manager', but the current guys there all seem sound. They know what they're doing, put it that way, if a manager chooses to follow that advice that's an entirely different story.

Good news on the surface; decent player with an impressive scoring record for very little.

Coupled to our history with injuries though... :lol:

This. Can only hope our dreadful medical team don't destroy him.

You had a medical for NUFC like?

Yeah, passed it with a broken foot.

Haw haw, you negative bastard.

No idea why Colocho supports the club if it brings him so much misery. He's a certainty for  'Worst Poster 2011' at the moment, its like a freaking Dementor swoops into any thread he posts in and saps out all the joy.

He's not really a target man. Although I can see why you made that assumption upon seeing a big black striker, you knuckle-dragging neanderthal.

He's not really a target man. Although I can see why you made that assumption upon seeing a big black striker, you knuckle-dragging neanderthal.

:iamatwat:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's what Shola wishes he was - capable. Have a lot more faith in Ba leading the line then Ameobi. Ba has way more moments of individual skill to create something (ANYTHING!) for himself or team mates, then most of our current forward line.

:lol:

I was going to post 'because they're all black?' but I decided against the can of worms that would be unleashed.

I wouldn't say Best was that similar to Ameobi either.

We're going to end up with too many 'black style' players :frantic:

Guest Wearside

Nice that a player who could have gone to Sunderland has chosen to come here instead.

Order has been restored, despite how the league table turned out.

Other than Quinn come out and categorically denied we were after him then yes you are correct.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nice that a player who could have gone to Sunderland has chosen to come here instead.

Other than Quinn come out and categorically denied we were after him then yes you are correct.

Was that before or after he realised Ba was going elsewhere?  :razz:

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not surprised Quinn didn't want him, after all he's spent months complaining about Ba's being his clubs downfall.

:lol:  :clap:

We're going to end up with too many 'black style' players :frantic:

Who probably go to the African Nations cup in January  :frantic:

I'd say you're right about Shola, who can be a decent targetman when the light flickers in his brain for a game every now and then, normally against you lot which is handy. However, I'd say Best is more mobile and although he holds the ball up well he's a decent finisher and has a good cross on him. Lovenkrands is just shite but somehow manages to score every now and then and Ranger while showing promise just doesn't look to have the mindset. Ba is a necessary signing but we now need a pacy striker for him to play off.

Ba, another new striker and Best as our top 3 strikers would be ok. We'll never see the back of Shola so Im sure he'll get a few goals next season as always.