Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Club & fans need an answer from him all this hanging on waiting is torture, I do believe its more down to the money hungry bastards that represent him than it is down to Demba himself. I think Pardew knows his players and him saying its not about money but about feeling loved and wanted could be spot on, however this thing about his knee seems to still be bothering clubs even though he played near enough every game for us and was fine.

Ba got plenty of 'love' from the fans, especially considering the fact he went through a second half of the season goal drought. If he leaves it's got nothing to do with not getting enough 'love' from the fans.

:thup:

Ba got plenty of 'love' from the fans, especially considering the fact he went through a second half of the season goal drought. If he leaves it's got nothing to do with not getting enough 'love' from the fans.

I think he's miffed about being replaced as 'the guy,' despite saying otherwise. Was still a vital part of the attack during the second half, doubt Papiss would've been nearly as successful without Ba next to him.

I think he's miffed about being replaced as 'the guy,' despite saying otherwise. Was still a vital part of the attack during the second half, doubt Papiss would've been nearly as successful without Ba next to him.

If that turns out to be his reasoning I won't mind if he leaves. Cisse and Ba alternated between being the guy through the middle. Often, after Cisse scored Ba played the rest of the game through the middle with Cisse moving to the left. Ba had plenty of opportunities playing in his favoured position. It annoyed me in the last third of the season that team mates were so desperate for Ba to score that they started passing to him when others were better placed.

Thanks for the performance last season (especially the goals in the first half of the season) but if Ba is looking to leave then he can leave.

Be very upset if he goes, but I'd rather it be to a Gala or Fener over a team in the league as I'd hate to have to line up against him each season.

As long as he is replaced with the right character, quality and potential player for our team then I'll feel better about it.

If the De Jong rumors are true, someone of his age, potential, and versatility would be extremely favorable to our cause.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/328572

NEWCASTLE STAR DEMBA BA OPENS TALKS WITH TURKISH GIANTS GALATASARAY AND FENERBAHCE

Sunday June 24,2012

By Colin Mafham

NEWCASTLE striker Demba Ba has sparked speculation over his future after opening talks with the Turkish giants Galatasaray and Fenerbahce.

Toon manager Alan Pardew is expected to have a crunch meeting tomorrow with the Senegalese star, who has a £7million buyout clause in his contract.

Bullshit galore. Nice try Mr. Mafham.

Ba is a goner as far as i'm concerned..... theres no way we would offer close to 10m for De Jong to be a mere squad player.

Ba is gone and De Jong is his replacement.... we will also replace Best too.

I agree, completely. If he wants to go, you have to let him. Of course, then any injury problems become someone else's worry.

Guest ThievingMagpie

I don't trust those knees so honestly if we can sell him off in August instead of July (after the 31 day period where anyone in the CL can buy him for £7m) for say £10m I'd be happy to see him leave.

Don't forget that if we sold Ba for £7m, according to reports, NUFC would only see around £3m of that with the rest going to Ba.

Let's hope that's the false part that Pardew referred to in that radio interview.

Don't forget that if we sold Ba for £7m, according to reports, NUFC would only see around £3m of that with the rest going to Ba.

For me that just sounds crazy. How on earth should he be able to make a clause like that?!

Because we got him for nowt, probably on a contract that favoured the club in terms of clauses, so he held the trump cards.

We didn't though, he got a large signing on fee and also large agent fees were paid (£2m+ combined apparently).  There's absolutely no way we'd then give him a low release clause were he then gets a further £4m by leaving.  That gives him no incentive at all to stay, in fact it makes it a certainty he'll leave with absolutely no plus point for us in the deal at all.  Its bollocks IMO.

Because we got him for nowt, probably on a contract that favoured the club in terms of clauses, so he held the trump cards.

We didn't though, he got a large signing on fee and also large agent fees were paid (£2m-£3m combined apparently).  There's absolutely no way we'd then give him a low release clause were he then gets a further £4m by leaving, because that makes it a certainty he will.  Its bollocks IMO.

Makes no sense to me either :dontknow:

Was the Owen release clause thing ever confirmed btw? I remember it being something ridiculous like we could leave for £4m less than we paid for him after his first year.

Everyone gets a large signing on fee though when they're on a free, I meant I thought his contract was largely incentivised due to the injury thing rather than a big flat wage.

Of course yeah most players get big signing on fees when there's no fee to pay to a club.  But I still doubt the people running the club considered Ba to be "free" given the fees paid to him and his agents.  I just can't see the sense in the deal being claimed.  Giving Ba a deal were he's on a lowish wage but with a lot of bargaining power for a new deal or the ability to leave if he does well makes sense.  But to also effectively say "If you do well we'll not only let you go on the cheap we'll actually pay you £4m to leave out of the fee" is crackers.