Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Great header for the 2nd goal too.

This forum has way to many pathetic posters.

And too many who think they're in a high position to dish out the "pathetics" regularly.

It was humour, man. Get over yourself.

Pathetic. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Any reason Cisse didn't come on for you? Ba understandably looked completely knackered before the last 10-15 mins. That first touch for his 2nd half chance was exceptional.

Cisse can't play by himself imo.  (Though I'd tried it instead of bringing Alien head Obertan on)

I felt sorry for him, once we went down to 10 men he was doing his best to hold the ball up but no one ever arrived, he was even coming into our own half and doing it at times. Cisse probably should have came on for him because he was knackered after 60 minutes.

Guest diddimz

You could see after he'd scored as well that he couldn't believe what had just happened, solid performance from him though all game

He normally looks fucked after about 50-60 minutes, even with a strike partner.  Seemed to last a bit longer when he wasn't doing the donkey work and had Shola or Best as the target man mind.

However, he worked himself into the ground yesterday.  Was a handful all game for their back 4 and challenged almost every ball in some way or another.  Thought he might go off for Cisse and despite HBA also being visibly fucked, in hindsight that would have been the better decision IMO.

Didn't think he was that good tbh, he worked ridiculously hard but nothing came from it hard work is not enough for me to say he was " great".

Obviously given the circumstances he did his role well but i can't really say he was good or great or like he was last season.

:lol:

He worked his socks off alone up top and created couple of chances. What more can you expect from him? It was him against 4 defender all day and he got the better of all 4 on many occassions. Unlucky not to have scored yesterday.

:lol:

He worked his socks off alone up top and created couple of chances. What more can you expect from him? It was him against 4 defender all day and he got the better of all 4 on many occassions. Unlucky not to have scored yesterday.

Of course but is that really enough to say he was great? i don't expect much more tbf but to be great i would have thought he would have to perform above my expectations.

For example Cabaye has been working like a mad dog all season trying to cover the defense while being severely outnumbered in midfield but all i see is how poor he has been.

Work rate no matter how high it has been is not enough for me to say it was a great performance.

I guess my "perception" of a great performance is different.

No one is saying he had a great way in that sense. What I think most people mean is that he had a great game given the circumstances. I cant see a striker having a much better game given the circumstances.