Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Honestly think that was only because Baines was down the left for them and Pardew didn't trust Ben Arfa to mark him. I don't think it was done for the benefit of our attacking play at all.

Jonas will be on the left again today IMO. Agree that it'd be nice to see them where they were against Everton though.

The system isn't the main issue, it's our movement off the ball.

In the 4-4-2 only Ben Arfa and Jonas ever stray from their position at all. The two CM's both sit deep (Cabaye really needs to get into more advanced positions) and neither striker has been working the channels at all.

We've tried to play it on the ground more this year, but it's not as simple as just deciding to pass it around a bit. We've ended up playing it long a lot simply because the movement off the ball isn't good enough for us to consistently pass the ball through teams.

Long term I think a 4-2-3-1 is the way to go for our squad, but switching to it now won't cure all our problems by any means.

Good post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207519/Alan-Pardew-praises-Demba-Ba-scoring-Newcastles-winner-Norwich.html

However, having received an apology from Ba and, Pardew revealed, an olive branch from his representative, peace appears to have broken out once again, although the £7.5million release-clause in his current contract remains in place.

The manager said: 'There has just been so much nonsense written about it. His agent sent me an e-mail saying he was misquoted, and I actually believe him.

'I am not usually one to believe agents that much, but I do believe him on this occasion, and I also think Demba's anger has been generated in the right way - to improve for Newcastle United.

'There is no way that Demba can play every game this season. He is going to miss some other games - so will Shola [Ameobi] and so will Papiss [Cisse].

'The best thing we can do is try to play the best players we have and get a win, and Demba led from start to finish today - not just his goal - in the dressing room, everything about him was top drawer.'

"He's not happy at the club"

Fuck off Murray you cunt.

Such a prick. :lol:

What a needless conversation based on all ifs and buts. If he's not performing for the team you'd be unhappy, Freddie? Good thing he's still performing then you shits. :lol:

That music just turned that into such a cringeworthy montage ffs. :lol: Surprised Lawrenson hasn't asked for his own montage every week he's on.