Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Still effortlessly childish.

Pardew said in the summer that Ba would be through the middle for 95% of the games. Might as well get used to it.

he also said nile ranger wouldn't play for the first team as long as he (pardew) is the manager.

The "flick a switch and up we go" attitude is what I'm questioning. There's more to turning an entire season around than just changing a formation. We were 6th going into the West Brom game, high on confidence and well motivation which both obviously lends themselves to the kind of football we briefly played. It's the complete opposite now, like when Keegan's teams lost motivation at the end of a season and the attacking football fell short.

While Pardew is desperate for results he's not going to change to a formation he almost definitely only remembers as the one we lost 4-0 with. His defensive minded approach doesn't want attacking football if it might lead to a big defeat.

I've never seen anyone exhibiting that attitude, but forgetting that, do you think Pardew should show a bit of faith in the system that brought us our best run of form and results in his entire time here? Especially considering how s*** we are.

Do you think he should do it? I don't want to hear whether you think he will or not..

Also, do you think he should have started the season playing this way? Given that Cisse was still the in form striker and the way we finished last season.

Just switching to for-free-free isn't magically going to turn them into what we had (briefly) last year.

This might confuse the Football Manager players but football isn't just about tactics.

Thanks for the assist.

Pardew said in the summer that Ba would be through the middle for 95% of the games. Might as well get used to it.

he also said nile ranger wouldn't play for the first team as long as he (pardew) is the manager.

Think you've made that up, bro. Unless I've missed some quotes?

i heard it with my own ears. as did one or two others on here.

i heard it with my own ears. as did one or two others on here.

Definitely said it.

The "flick a switch and up we go" attitude is what I'm questioning. There's more to turning an entire season around than just changing a formation. We were 6th going into the West Brom game, high on confidence and well motivation which both obviously lends themselves to the kind of football we briefly played. It's the complete opposite now, like when Keegan's teams lost motivation at the end of a season and the attacking football fell short.

While Pardew is desperate for results he's not going to change to a formation he almost definitely only remembers as the one we lost 4-0 with. His defensive minded approach doesn't want attacking football if it might lead to a big defeat.

I've never seen anyone exhibiting that attitude, but forgetting that, do you think Pardew should show a bit of faith in the system that brought us our best run of form and results in his entire time here? Especially considering how s*** we are.

Do you think he should do it? I don't want to hear whether you think he will or not..

Also, do you think he should have started the season playing this way? Given that Cisse was still the in form striker and the way we finished last season.

it wasn't just the formation, unless you think that 4-3-3 inherently gives movement ?

It doesn't inherently give movement, but it places Ben Arfa in the opponents half of the field rather than picking the ball up on the edge of our 18 yard box and pushes Cabaye 15 yards further forward. 2 little tweaks which allow (or even promote) better movement and more coherent attacking play

Just switching to for-free-free isn't magically going to turn them into what we had (briefly) last year.

This might confuse the Football Manager players but football isn't just about tactics.

Thanks for the assist.

Have you made a point there? It's lost on me if you have.

Re-hash of old story with some new details -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-demands-1468708

If true, should leave.

But talk that Newcastle were lining up Marseille striker Loic Remy is wide of the mark.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mdr8nLqbzXc/TG1jkPBBRVI/AAAAAAAAAEo/cu6m4Okb28A/s1600/09B00BDC-E3F4-29CF-06131ED164F019FC.jpg

Re-hash of old story with some new details -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-demands-1468708

If true, should leave.

Demba Ba has told Newcastle to double his wages.......

the Senegal striker will activate a release clause in his contract – which allows him to move for a cut-price £7.5million – if he is not offered a staggering £90,000-a-week deal.

Ba, who is on £40,000 a week, seems certain to move in January

Good piece from Alan "Potato" Oliver by his standards.

If that is true he can f*ck off.

That's an easy reaction, but considering we paid Alan Smith and Joey Barton circa £60k I can see why he would want more, and he deserves it. People feel Ba is the best striker since Alan Shearer was here, and even he was on £50k a week from 1996.

I'd prefer Ba kept his salary at £40k or a bit over but was offered a large bonus per goal. The more he scores the more he earns seems fair.

That's an easy reaction, but considering we paid Alan Smith and Joey Barton circa £60k I can see why he would want more, and he deserves it. People feel Ba is the best striker since Alan Shearer was here, and even he was on £50k a week from 1996.

I'd prefer Ba kept his salary at £40k or a bit over but was offered a large bonus per goal. The more he scores the more he earns seems fair.

Nah fuck that, bonuses should be based on team performance.

Nah fuck that, bonuses should be based on team performance.

Even if it came down to him wanting to leave?

If the issue is true, then he wants more than £40k per week. I don't see anything wrong in a striker getting a decent goal bonus over raking in high salary regardless of performances.

That´s in the past. We can´t get players salaries after how much Smith earned. There is a different time now where clubs is starting to stop giving stupid moneys to players.

In one way I can understand that Ba wants more. But you shouldn´t feed a ego big enough already with goal bonuses.

NUFC no longer put goal bonuses into contracts which is fair enough I think. Ba's job is to score goals. Why pay him extra for doing his job?

Think you've missed the point?

The debate is on the news that he is on £40k and he says he wants £80k. My point is if he wants more money, keep him on £40k and give him a decent sum of money per goal so if he churns in 30 in the league he would end up making the extra £2m a year from the goal bonus haul.

By giving him the extra £2m a year in his contract automatically he could have a shitter and score 0 goals and get paid the higher amount of contributing nothing.