Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Loved the end of his interview on NUFC TV after he had earlier criticised Bigi's celebration:

"Just I was thinking, the celebration of Bigi... no offence to all the Christians, 'cos he cross - he make the cross and stuff - this is his side (religion).

But when he jump on the ground... that was weird. That was weird when he was diving. That was weird."

The way he says it is fucking mint :lol:

Pardew not happy with a question about Ba's attitude around the club on the BBC interview. Says he's been exemplary. Funny that.

Makes me start doubting myself about getting angry with what the tabloid press report.

Should I doubt their legitimacy? Can't see why they wouldn't be entirely honest. Nah f*** it and f*** you Demba you selfish b******!

Sarcasm eh?

In my opinion anything a manager says about a performance/one of his players/his bosses should immediately be disregarded.

He will always paint them in the best light possible even if he and everyone else knows he is talking absolute plop.

You should have said "In my opinion anything a manager says about a performance/one of his players/his bosses should immediately be disregarded when it doesn't fit in with what I want to believe".

;)

I'd pay Ba what he wants. I've read a number of times he's on approx. 40k a week and we didn't pay a transfer fee for him so it's not like we've already broken the bank to get him and keep him up to now. Pay the extra for him and spend OTHER money on new players. One in one out is a pathetic strategy at this stage.

We have two forwards are the moment imo, if we get rid of one we need 3 (pretty much what Disco said). Given Ba is our performing striker right now it seems silly to get rid of him on the cheap.

Also don't see why some are happy to get rid for someone who can play on the right, we need that player anyway without selling our most prolific forward.

I don't think anyone is happy about it and we are not really getting rid of him we have no choice.... if someone meet's the clause we are f*cked.

Also if we sold Ba..... Bought a forward who could upfront and out wide and another forward to be 3rd choice would you be content?

Of course in an ideal world.... Ba signs new contract and we sign a wide forward then Ba and Cisse compete for the central spot.

Unfortunately i really can't see that happening.

Doesn't take much to differentiate. Most can tell what's a sound bite and what is telling the stirring media to go f*** themselves.

Oh really? well that's convenient.

Here I was thinking you being a massive hypocrite somehow discredited your illogical ramblings. Guess not though... carry on. :thup:

We have two forwards are the moment imo, if we get rid of one we need 3 (pretty much what Disco said). Given Ba is our performing striker right now it seems silly to get rid of him on the cheap.

Also don't see why some are happy to get rid for someone who can play on the right, we need that player anyway without selling our most prolific forward.

I don't think anyone is happy about it and we are not really getting rid of him we have no choice.... if someone meet's the clause we are f*cked.

Also if we sold Ba..... Bought a forward who could upfront and out wide and another forward to be 3rd choice would you be content?

Of course in an ideal world.... Ba signs new contract and we sign a wide forward then Ba and Cisse compete for the central spot.

I am fearful of selling someone who scores as much as he does, I think that he is hard to replace and the prices touted is almost impossible to bring in someone as good.

We aren't going to spend more than we bring in and I don't think there is some magic formula of selling Ba and bringing in more of a wing type forward which will immediately improve us. Ba is a £20m+ forward imo so selling him for almost a third of that is something most should be concerned about but there seems like there is an almost blind belief that there is a left sided forward out there who we will sign and go straight back to pushing for 5th place which as a knock on effect will get Cisse scoring almost a goal a game again.

Doesn't take much to differentiate. Most can tell what's a sound bite and what is telling the stirring media to go f*** themselves.

Here I was thinking you being a massive hypocrite somehow discredited your illogical ramblings. Guess not though... carry on. :thup:

If you can't read between the lines that isn't my problem. Manager bigging certain things up shouldn't need explaining but it seems like some do need it.

I am fearful of selling someone who scores as much as he does, I think that he is hard to replace and the prices touted is almost impossible to bring in someone as good.

We aren't going to spend more than we bring in and I don't think there is some magic formula of selling Ba and bringing in more of a wing type forward which will immediately improve us. Ba is a £20m+ forward imo so selling him for almost a third of that is something most should be concerned about but there seems like there is an almost blind belief that there is a left sided forward out there who we will sign and go straight back to pushing for 5th place which as a knock on effect will get Cisse scoring almost a goal a game again.

Not saying there is but that's most likely what we do ( if we believe the strikers we have been linked with have any relation at all) just buy a striker that can play wide won't be enough for me i would want to see a Best replacement too to put Shola down to 4th choice.

I agree with the rest, but that's the decision we put ourselves in by taking the risk on him knowing theres a clause that can bite us in the arse down the line.

If you can't read between the lines that isn't my problem. Manager bigging certain things up shouldn't need explaining but it seems like some do need it.

"In my opinion anything a manager says about a performance/one of his players/his bosses should immediately be disregarded. "

Please tell me- which lines should I be reading in between? This statement seems rather unambiguous to me.

Apologies, what I meant was anything positive about those things stated by a manager when he clearly doesn't mean them should be disregarded as he is just defending his boss/players/performance.

Just seems like common sense to me. 

:lol:

In other words "In my opinion anything a manager says about a performance/one of his players/his bosses should immediately be disregarded when it doesn't fit in with what I want to believe".

I'll leave it at that though (im shitting up this thread here tbf).

Creased at Demba's interview on NUFCtv :lol:

Said Bigi's celebration was horrible, then thought people might take it the wrong way so apologised to Christians and said he was on about the bit where he dropped to the floor. Also says he's fine and there's nowt to worry about on the injury front.

Loved the end of his interview on NUFC TV after he had earlier criticised Bigi's celebration:

"Just I was thinking, the celebration of Bigi... no offence to all the Christians, 'cos he cross - he make the cross and stuff - this is his side (religion).

But when he jump on the ground... that was weird. That was weird when he was diving. That was weird."

The way he says it is f***ing mint :lol:

"That was weird" in that Demba smirk of his :lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8307474/

Newcastle frustrated as negotiations over new Demba Ba contract continue

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew remains frustrated as negotiations over Demba Ba's new contract continue to stall due to his release clause.

The Senegal striker, who scored his 10th goal of the season in Monday's 3-0 win over Wigan, has a condition in his contract which had to be activated by July by any club wanting to take advantage of it.

This failed to happen in the summer, meaning that while the current deal remains in place, the clause will continue to be activated during each window.

With Ba's current deal expiring in 2014 and the next transfer window looming, the Magpies are determined to secure the services of the 27-year-old on a long-term basis.

Pardew told Sky Sports after the win over Wigan: "Demba is a player who loves it here and he understands it is a football city.

"We've tried to do a deal with him and take the clause out and that's probably where the speculation is.

"The clause is always hanging over us and it makes it difficult for us, the club and him. We accept that and that's the way football is.

Asked about Ba reaching 10 goals for the campaign, Pardew added: "He has been brilliant for us.

"At times, he is important in the dressing room and everything else that he brings to the club.

"I have tried to encourage him to be more vocal in the dressing room because he's a leader, but the 10 goals is a nice target for him."

He added: "But I was so pleased for [Vurnon] Anita. To come from the Dutch champions to come to us having not been part of what was a great season last year, he must have thought, 'What have I done?'

"I am very pleased he won tonight, and I honestly thought he was the best player."

Pardew not happy with a question about Ba's attitude around the club on the BBC interview. Says he's been exemplary. Funny that.

Makes me start doubting myself about getting angry with what the tabloid press report.

Should I doubt their legitimacy? Can't see why they wouldn't be entirely honest. Nah fuck it and fuck you Demba you selfish bastard!

Are you drunk?

(Genuinely) wonder what Pardew's motives/reasons are for continually mentioning that clause. Everyone in the business will know what it is (his agent will tell them) and us as fans have known about it. Wonder why he keeps bringing it up.

Anyway, he played great yesterday, was involved all over. Hope is ok for Fulham!

Should I doubt their legitimacy? Can't see why they wouldn't be entirely honest. Nah fuck it and fuck you Demba you selfish bastard!

Are you drunk?

It's not even midday man! ;)