Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I remember Ba doing well in the position out on the left, but personally i remember myself and quite a few others thinking that in the longterm we'd like to see another player in that position who's better with the ball at his feet.

Would prefer Ba central, Remy/HBA/Gouff either side. Cisse as super sub when Ba tires.

I remember Ba doing well in the position out on the left, but personally i remember myself and quite a few others thinking that in the longterm we'd like to see another player in that position who's better with the ball at his feet.

We've got that in Remy...who needs new signings then  :rolleyes:

Yes, but ideally i would like to play Remy as a CF. And get another player for the left forward role and one as backup for Remy and Cissé. A young and hungry one..

Mou clearly doesn't want him and it would appear he's being pushed out.

Playing for us until the end of the season with players and a manager he knows would give him time to weigh up his options while also putting himself in the shop window and still getting paid handsomely.  We'd be getting 'used' by Chelsea but at the minute he is as good an option as any.

Who's Chelsea been linked with other than a difficult Rooney deal? Can't see them parting with Ba if no one else comes in.

Considering Pardew's preference for a 4-4-2 and that a Ba-Cisse partnership has shown not to work, it is likely one of them will partner Remy in attack.

Guest bimpy474

@lee_ryder 1m

#nufc aren't trying to sign both Gomis and Ba. The pair have just emerged as targets from a transfer meeting yesterday involving Kinnear

Emerged. I'm sure Gomis emerged ages ago but still.

Yes, but ideally i would like to play Remy as a CF. And get another player for the left forward role and one as backup for Remy and Cissé. A young and hungry one..

So you'd like a new winger (not Ba), Remy CF and Cisse on the bench?

Guest bimpy474

Not sure Cisse is going to be too pleased. They showed before that playing together didn't work.

Not bothered in the slightest

Aye, I guess it's a whether you want Cisse more thing, personally i dont care as long as we start scoring goals again.

@lee_ryder 1m

#nufc aren't trying to sign both Gomis and Ba. The pair have just emerged as targets from a transfer meeting yesterday involving Kinnear

Took them the whole summer and we are back to these 2 names with 1 week to go. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Remy, Cisse, Ba and Gomis.

:spit: like fuck we will.

It will be Gomis or Ba, not going to be both.

Aye, but you know some will think it.

Given Cisse's form would anyone want him starting?

Guest Roger Kint

@lee_ryder 1m

So what appeared after that piss up in France last week? Useless wankers!

In all honesty: Ben Arfa - Ba - Rémy is a top four quality forward line-up.

It sucks that they'd be managed by a League One manager.

So the two on loan get in the side ahead of our number 9 striker...sure he'll be pleased. Great management.

Yes, a new left winger with end product and a young CF as backup for Remy and Cissé. (wooould want)

New  Remy  Ben Arfa

Who's Chelsea been linked with other than a difficult Rooney deal? Can't see them parting with Ba if no one else comes in.

Considering Pardew's preference for a 4-4-2 and that a Ba-Cisse partnership has shown not to work, it is likely one of them will partner Remy in attack.

Eto'o.

Bare in mind though Mou started Monday night without an out-and-out striker.  It was only when Torres came on on the hour mark they had one.

@lee_ryder 1m

So what appeared after that p*ss up in France last week? Useless w*****s!

We must have more "transfer summits and monitoring of players than anyone else... ever!