Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

For short term fixes loans are fine, but it's just passing the problem of a lack of forwards etc to the future.

'Kicking the can down the road' is not a problem for Ashley, I would think. He'd rather do that and give himself a couple more windows to get some unknown on the cheap. Or he can kick it further down the road with new loan signings next summer.

Anyone else concerned that our forward line may be composed of loan signings?

It seems to me that quite a few people couldn't care less if the whole side was composed of loan signings - such has been the success of Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew in lowering expectations.

Convinced that if Pardew came out and said we belong in League 1, around 30% of the fans would accept it.

Its really going to take something special to pull this club out of its long slow dive to total mediocrity.....we are potentially the new Sheffield Weds.

Guest reefatoon

Will be more of a concern next summer when we have to hand them back, and we will be back to square 1 with no strikers.  A case of rinse and repeat for next year.

Will be more of a concern next summer when we have to hand them back, and we will be back to square 1 with no strikers.  A case of rinse and repeat for next year.

But I thought our problem was that we didn't take enough advantage of loans?

Guest reefatoon

But I thought our problem was that we didn't take enough advantage of loans?

I've never mentioned anything about loans before. I don't mind bringing loans in at all, if it benefits us. We just have to be careful next summer, we don't end up in the exact same position as this summer, where we are in dire need of strikers, which will happen if we loan 2 strikers.

It seems to me that quite a few people couldn't care less if the whole side was composed of loan signings - such has been the success of Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew in lowering expectations.

Convinced that if Pardew came out and said we belong in League 1, around 30% of the fans would accept it.

Its really going to take something special to pull this club out of its long slow dive to total mediocrity.....we are potentially the new Sheffield Weds.

#

piss off!  there are many many clubs in europe that do loan signings.  Hernan crespo sis very well as a loan signing, as one example.

Stop talking cluess shite you utter bint.

Or we'll sign Remy permanently once he's officially not a raper.  Kinnear's the only one who's suggested we don't have a fee agreed as far as I know and he's fucking clueless.

£3m is a bit much for a player we sold for £7.5m, when we'll only have him for a season. But, yes, shocking from the club, should have offered £5m, everyone is a cunt.

Yep, it's a proven business formula. Go in with a high bid and hope the seller will knock you down a bit.