Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

105 minutes of football and people are writing players off. Something seriously wrong there, man. I'd expect it modern generation of supporters expecting instant gratification, but not somebody who has been watching football for a long time.

Pathetic isn't it? no doubt it will be backed up with "well I he was shit when I said it" which seems to be some sort of get out clause for moronic early judgements on players.

Carroll for example.

Just makes us look like fucking idiots, if it was on RTG about one of their players we would be pissing ourselves taking the piss out of it. Not nice to see some bringing us down to their level.

I wouldn't say he's garbage at all. He's proved that he's a good player everywhere he's played. He just looks lacking confidence/lacking fitness/doesn't fit our current style of play.

He deserves a good chance though. Moronic to say he's garbage.

To be fair, I don't think it's moronic to say that he's been garbage while here and that is all that matters.  I think we'll not see the best of him until he's playing alongside somebody like Ben Arfa who will bring something different to the team.  I think Ba has been unlucky so far in that he's been playing with players who are too similar to him.  At least I hope that's the reason because he's our best hope of playing a decent forward out of the ones currently at the club.

I have no problem with people saying his performances so far are garbage, I've just said that. It's people saying he's garbage based on such a limited sample.

Oh aye, all we can say about him so far is that his performances haven't been very good. Beyond that it's a bit pointless.

I have no problem with people saying his performances so far are garbage, I've just said that. It's people saying he's garbage based on such a limited sample.

Agreed, I don't think he's a poor player, we're just not bringing him into the game enough for some reason.  When he does get the ball it's usually in the wrong areas.

105 minutes of football and people are writing players off. Something seriously wrong there, man. I'd expect it modern generation of supporters expecting instant gratification, but not somebody who has been watching football for a long time.

Pathetic isn't it? no doubt it will be backed up with "well I he was shit when I said it" which seems to be some sort of get out clause for moronic early judgements on players.

Carroll for example.

Just makes us look like fucking idiots, if it was on RTG about one of their players we would be pissing ourselves taking the piss out of it. Not nice to see some bringing us down to their level.

Carroll was poor up until around the Christmas time of the Championsip season.

I wouldn't say he's garbage at all. He's proved that he's a good player everywhere he's played. He just looks lacking confidence/lacking fitness/doesn't fit our current style of play.

He deserves a good chance though. Moronic to say he's garbage.

To be fair, I don't think it's moronic to say that he's been garbage while here and that is all that matters.  I think we'll not see the best of him until he's playing alongside somebody like Ben Arfa who will bring something different to the team.  I think Ba has been unlucky so far in that he's been playing with players who are too similar to him.  At least I hope that's the reason because he's our best hope of playing a decent forward out of the ones currently at the club.

I would agree with this. While I agree he hasn't looked good, you don't get a record like he's got unless you know how to put the ball in the net. I think he is one of those strikers who needs to be playing in a team which provides better service to feet. If he'd been playing the second half he'd have scored when we were creating so many chances.

Guest mimifrench

If his personal choices are having an effect on his performance he should be fined.

You shoud rather burn him, it's a better solution...

Pathetic isn't it? no doubt it will be backed up with "well I he was s*** when I said it" which seems to be some sort of get out clause for moronic early judgements on players.

Carroll for example.

Just makes us look like f***ing idiots, if it was on RTG about one of their players we would be pissing ourselves taking the p*ss out of it. Not nice to see some bringing us down to their level.

Still don't think he was poor in that period either.  Everyone said he was and he wasn't scoring much but he was playing well still IMO, you could see the potential.

Pathetic isn't it? no doubt it will be backed up with "well I he was s*** when I said it" which seems to be some sort of get out clause for moronic early judgements on players.

Carroll for example.

Just makes us look like f***ing idiots, if it was on RTG about one of their players we would be pissing ourselves taking the p*ss out of it. Not nice to see some bringing us down to their level.

Still don't think he was poor in that period either.  Everyone said he was and he wasn't scoring much but he was playing well still IMO, you could see the potential.

Don't agree. At times he was strutting about like he had already made it. After we brought Routledge in, his work ethic seemed to improve massively. Which lead to an improvement in his performances.

Carroll, as I recall, was one of the only players who had a good work rate towards the end of our relegation season. He worked his butt off and had some good performances.

He wasn't like that the first half of the Championship season though.

Carroll for example.

Don't agree. At times he was strutting about like he had already made it. After we brought Routledge in, his work ethic seemed to improve massively. Which lead to an improvement in his performances.

Think his work rate wasn't as bad as some made out to be fair.  West Brom away he was chasing his own flick ons, and getting them!

Carroll, as I recall, was one of the only players who had a good work rate towards the end of our relegation season. He worked his butt off and had some good performances.

I remember him having the laziest debut in the Europa League too. Barely ran at all.

Guest BooBoo

Carroll became a completely different player after the Cardiff game at home. After that he simply ripped up the Championship.

I remember him having the laziest debut in the Europa League too. Barely ran at all.

Yeah, I don't disagree with what either of you are saying.

Was poor tonight, just like he was against Arsenal BUT the guy is not shite, that much is quite clear - anyone that thinks he is shite obviously did not watch him play for West Ham

I do think there is a confidence issue, he badly needs that first goal BUT more than that I don't think we are using him properly, today balls were being launched towards him and he was picking up the ball around the half way line way too much. He needs to play off the last defender where he can run onto passes and be attacking in the box, instead he is dropping way too deep, not his game at all

I suspect Pardew and Co just saw his scoring record and that he was on a free, thought great let's get him BUT it appears they have never seen him play because he is not being used properly

He's fucking garbage man.... no first touch, no ability when the ball is under control as he looks like he is going to fall over his own feet everytime he takes a bastard step..... long live Shola is this pile of shit is our saviour! fuck me  :facepalm:

:facepalm: