Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I have to say, I decided to watch all his goals from his west ham games, because to be brutally honest I hadn't paid a lot of attention to him before we signed. Anyway when I watched them straight after we had signed him, I came away thinking that there were few if any of the goals where I was convinced that this is a player that will be a success in the PL rather than someone going through a phase of riding their luck. I'm not saying every goal he scored for  West Ham was a lucky one, just a nervy feeling that had things gone slightly differently he could have looked as much of a natural finisher as his strike partner there.

His first sightings in a toon top are not encouraging to say the least but it's still way to early to write him off just yet, hopeful;ly he can turn it around and recapture some of his form that his past record at other clubs would suggest he's a better player than we've seen so far. He's running out of time though and patience from the crowd, it won't be long before they'll start getting on his back if he continues to play the way he has been.

He's running out of time though and patience from the crowd, it won't be long before they'll start getting on his back if he continues to play the way he has been.

2 games. Christ.

He's running out of time though and patience from the crowd, it won't be long before they'll start getting on his back if he continues to play the way he has been.

2 games. Christ.

Other players have got less time than that at SJP, I'm not saying it's fair,that's just the way it is, football fans can be an impatient bunch.

Havent worked out where the hell we should play him.

Granted he looks rusty as fuck, so I am willing to give him a decent amount of time. He doesnt seem like an out and out lone striker and we surely have better choices for either flank when Marveux and Ben Arfa are up to speed.

Weird underperformance so far. Is it a confidence issue?

Is he a muslim? Shouldn't have that much to say tbh, but could have something to do with ramadan, I guess.

This is the only explanation I can come up with.  Looks jaded and uninterested, miles off the pace and just generally sluggish.  For West Ham he looked explosive, put the hard yards in and got himself in good positions.  A lot of his goals in Germany showed how much ability he has.  From what I've seen so far, he looks like a shit Shola before he bulked up.

Still plenty of time though, needs to settle into our system (which consists of far too much hoof ball at the minute.)  He has a proven track record and fasting can't help, even if he does eat and drink on matchdays.

This is getting embarrassing.

Some of the comments aye, would you not agree, for whatver reason, he's looked shit, lazy and uniterested so far?

I'm still confident he'll come good by the way, at 26 he's not suddenly going to lose his footballing ability!

Embarrassing because I disagree with you?  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Players shouldn't get a criticism immunity card just because they are new.

He can only be judged on what we've seen so far, which is two dog shite performances; one of which came against a League One side.

He has looked poor yes but there is no balance to a lot of the comments. He is just garbage and that's it.

He also hasn't been nearly as bad as has been made out. He has had little service and I don't remember a clear chance that has gone his way. His touch looked shocking yesterday but looked a lot better at west ham so I don't think It's anything but a bit if rustyness.

We are back to the "Best is the worst forward to ever play for Newcastle" comments. It's cringeworthy.

He spent most of the half helping out Marveaux ( who looked scared he might get injured )  and Raylor. The whole team was shite in the first half. He made a few good tackles whilst the game was passing other players by. Definatley looks a bit off the pace for some reason though.

He can only be judged on what we've seen so far, which is two dog shite performances; one of which came against a League One side.

Doesn't mean he's a crap player.

Wayne Rooney has a bad run occasionally, is he shite?

He can only be judged on what we've seen so far, which is two dog s**** performances; one of which came against a League One side.

Doesn't mean he's a crap player.

Wayne Rooney has a bad run occasionally, is he s****?

Rooney doesn't run like he's just regained the use of his legs after 10 years.

He's honestly looked absolutely hopeless the first two games.

Fuck all effort, touch of a rapist, little awareness of what's going on around him.

Not panicking yet and writing him off after two appearances would be ridiculous, but it's been far from encouraging so far it has to be said.

Guest Howaythetoon

Demba Ba'd more like. Looked like someone who has never played the game before. Fasting or not there is no excuse. One of the lads we play football with is fasting and he runs his socks off. Needs to work harder.

Guest ToonArmyST

what happens to him, plays like an amateur.I hope that it will begin to play and start to score if he can provide more opportunities

I'm not going to judge him on the basis of what I've seen so far because he's played in two of the worst 45 mins possible against Arsenal and Scunthorpe. I'd like to see him come off the bench at Fulham as we seem to play better football in the second half and he needs to be on the pitch when we are pushing up the pitch and passing the ball.

If Lovenkrands had squared that ball instead of blazing over, Ba would have been on the scoresheet...maybe.

Good point. That was an open goal and Lovenkrands totally fucked it up by not squaring the ball.