Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

He's decent, nothing more. Will be good if we can get some goal mouth scrambles going as he seems very opportunistic. Will offer absolutely fuck all outside the box though.

He's decent, nothing more. Will be good if we can get some goal mouth scrambles going as he seems very opportunistic. Will offer absolutely fuck all outside the box though.

See my sig for his career record. If we signed him for £15m 3 hours ago from a top club in Germany there would be so much mutual masturbation going on the forum server would get pregnant.

He's decent, nothing more. Will be good if we can get some goal mouth scrambles going as he seems very opportunistic. Will offer absolutely f*** all outside the box though.

See my sig for his career record. If we signed him for £15m 3 hours ago from a top club in Germany there would be so much mututal masturbation going on the forum server would get pregnant.

i was going to post similar earlier but held off.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's a better player than that.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

He's decent, nothing more. Will be good if we can get some goal mouth scrambles going as he seems very opportunistic. Will offer absolutely f*** all outside the box though.

See my sig for his career record. If we signed him for £15m 3 hours ago from a top club in Germany there would be so much mututal masturbation going on the forum server would get pregnant.

Well, i've only watched him for Wham tbh (i won't count he's Newcastle outings) and i saw a guy who had a good eye for opportunistic situations, when the ball is pinging around a bit. He's handy.

Obviously you've seen him showing good technique, touch, dribbling skills, taking the ball around a few players, doing them for pace and slotting the ball home. Fair enough. Also you probably feel he's shown plenty of promise in the couple of times he's been on for us. Fair enough.

I can only go by what i've seen though and that's a guy who do well in a scramble not someone making runs to take a defence splitting pass from HBA to bare down on goal and score.

Guess we'll all have to wait and see!

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

But the fact is he was a free transfer. That's the fact. He wasn't worth £15m, never was and never will be (that last bit is speculation).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I can only go by what i've seen though and that's a guy who do well in a scramble not someone making runs to take a defence splitting pass from HBA to bare down on goal and score.

He could play that kind of role too imo.

But the fact is he was a free transfer. That's the fact. He wasn't worth £15m, never was and never will be (that last bit is speculation).

A lot of players bought for £15m arent worth £15m..  Ba went for £7m last season despite a problem with his medical and had West Ham not given him a relegation release clause he would never have gone for free.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

How to you define worth £15m? Is Henderson 3 times the player of Cabaye? Ben Arfa or Tiote?

Defining the price of anything is fairly simple.

Guest Rainforest

I hate that way of reasoning. For every foreigner who succeeds, you have a shitload of failures who fail to fit in, culturally, on the pitch etc..

You pay for british proven quality and stability that comes with someone already plying their trade in the division, of cource its gonna be more expensive. Henderson is a bit of a one-off seing as the fee was a bit steep, but I wouldnt bat an eye-lid at paying double the sum of a foreign cunt who might end up whining and wanting back to his sister or family or dog in argentina or whatever.

I hate that way of reasoning. For every foreigner who succeeds, you have a shitload of failures who fail to fit in, culturally, on the pitch etc..

You pay for british proven quality and stability that comes with someone already plying their trade in the division, of cource its gonna be more expensive. Henderson is a bit of a one-off seing as the fee was a bit steep, but I wouldnt bat an eye-lid at paying double the sum of a foreign c*** who might end up whining and wanting back to his sister or family or dog in argentina or whatever.

one-off? There's plenty of over expensive players, not just him!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

You pay for british proven quality and stability that comes with someone already plying their trade in the division, of cource its gonna be more expensive. Henderson is a bit of a one-off seing as the fee was a bit steep, but I wouldnt bat an eye-lid at paying double the sum of a foreign cunt who might end up whining and wanting back to his sister or family or dog in argentina or whatever.

Jesus wept, xenophobic much?

You pay for british proven quality and stability that comes with someone already plying their trade in the division, of cource its gonna be more expensive. Henderson is a bit of a one-off seing as the fee was a bit steep, but I wouldnt bat an eye-lid at paying double the sum of a foreign c*** who might end up whining and wanting back to his sister or family or dog in argentina or whatever.

the better the quality the player the better they'll fit in. it's a myth about foreigners taking time to settle  if you look at those at the top.....in relaity they are just better quality players, who are better then lower quality players who, because less is expected of them are glossed over.

I'd love to see how Henderson and co would look without Suarez and Kuyt playing up front.

:lol:

What a tit

Guest sydneycove

Too many black type players right...

Guest magpie99

Whilst previously unimpressive, I saw enough of Ba in his 20 minute cameo againsat Fulham to think he will be a good player for us, once he settles in and has Ben Arfa playing off him.

His opportunity that Hughes deflected on to the bar was a good strike and he was a bit unlucky plus he set up Best well for the second goal.

'Ba will be fine, especially once he gets his first goal for us.

Cometh the hour cometh the Ba.... please.

Essentially Ba is our Carroll replacement until he the January window is open. Im confident he will prove to be the best striker on our books. I am however confused as to where the hell we should play him. He isnt really a target man is he?

Cometh the hour cometh the Ba.... please.

Essentially Ba is our Carroll replacement until he the January window is open. Im confident he will prove to be the best striker on our books. I am however confused as to where the hell we should play him. He isnt really a target man is he?

Not that we'll be that great, but Barca don't have a "target" man do they really?  As long as the team is fluid enough (and I think Ba can run/has good movement) then the team can still function at a very high level.

Guest sydneycove

Not that we'll be that great, but Barca don't have a "target" man do they really?  As long as the team is fluid enough (and I think Ba can run/has good movement) then the team can still function at a very high level.

Fairly sure when you have Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Busquets and Messi feeding you all you need to do is stay onside and you will score.

Their biggest first team striker is a 5 ft 9 in Villa  :mackems:

Not that we'll be that great, but Barca don't have a "target" man do they really?  As long as the team is fluid enough (and I think Ba can run/has good movement) then the team can still function at a very high level.

Fairly sure when you have Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Busquets and Messi feeding you all you need to do is stay onside and you will score.

Their biggest first team striker is a 5 ft 9 in Villa  :mackems:

Obviously we won't be Barca but we can play a good possession/passing game without a target man and still win matches.