Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I cannot see Long turning out to be anything but a bog standard to good Premiership striker, he would improve us but it's not realy the kind of guy you want in after we've previosly been on the chase for Gamiero.

It would be a Craig Gardner type signing (the best example I can think of).

It's not a good example. Shane Long sounds like a bog standard signing but the Bellamy comparisons would be more accurate. No idea about his finishing capabilities but he's fast and skilful. I would prefer Erdinc but Long wouldn't devastate me either.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Better like that, the guy struggles to score in the french league, why should he be a star in the EPL?

I just hope now Pards turns his eyes on someone else though, Llambias' statement about "we got what we wanted" is a bit scary...

Better like that, the guy struggles to score in the french league, why should he be a star in the EPL?

I just hope now Pards turns his eyes on someone else though, Llambias' statement about "we got what we wanted" is a bit scary...

Not saying he'll be anything like these...but his record in France is better than Gyan's, Odemwingie's, Adebayor's etc.. who have all shone in the Premier League. Not always as simple as that as a barometer for how a player will do.

Ligue 1 has proven one of the most difficult leagues to score in over the past few years. It is not really an easy place to rack goals, like Holland.

Not saying he'll be anything like these...but his record in France is better than Gyan's, Odemwingie's, Adebayor's etc.. who have all shone in the Premier League. Not always as simple as that as a barometer for how a player will do.

Tbf, Gyan has produced the same output, Osaze played there four years ago (he's changed a lot since then), and Sheyi came over as a youngster.

Guest pont-toon

would you have preferred him to have said "we got what we didnt want" ?

If we fail to get this guy, then Long is the man. At least according to Mark Douglas.

So possibly:

Gameiro---->Erdinç---->Long

£10m           £7m        £6m

Nice.

:)

If we fail to get this guy, then Long is the man. At least according to Mark Douglas.

So possibly:

Gameiro---->Erdinç---->Long

£10m          £7m        £6m

Nice.

:)

It's not as bad as

Best---> Shola-----> Lovenkrands

in perspective.

The last couple of months saw us have Ameobi - Lovenkrands as our 1st choice pairing. If we're only playing one up front now, they are 3rd and 4th choice and thats without buying another striker. Theres one way to put a positive spin on this.

I cannot see Long turning out to be anything but a bog standard to good Premiership striker, he would improve us but it's not realy the kind of guy you want in after we've previosly been on the chase for Gamiero.

It would be a Craig Gardner type signing (the best example I can think of).

It's not a good example. Shane Long sounds like a bog standard signing but the Bellamy comparisons would be more accurate. No idea about his finishing capabilities but he's fast and skilful. I would prefer Erdinc but Long wouldn't devastate me either.

Bellamy would be just about the worst example I could have used for the point I was trying to make, like.  :lol:

I think he'll be a mid table player, comfortable in the league but never setting the place alight.

Exactly. I don't like the squad numbers remaining redundant for the sake of sentiment. Just give it to our best striker.

Im a sentimentalist and imho just leave it vacant till we have someone to deserve it ,there are not many traditional things left at our club and i think we should let its iconic status stay around .

Exactly. I don't like the squad numbers remaining redundant for the sake of sentiment. Just give it to our best striker.

just leave it vacant till we have someone to deserve it

Well with the sale of our two top scorers last season, that should be happening in this window.

Make Bendtner the big fish and give him a supply line, i think he'd do very well here. Would be chuffed if we were to sign him.

Not too disappointed about missing out on Erdinc, if there was ever any genuine interest. Glad it's only July - still time to find a striker.

Make Bendtner the big fish and give him a supply line, i think he'd do very well here. Would be chuffed if we were to sign him.

Not too disappointed about missing out on Erdinc, if there was ever any genuine interest. Glad it's only July - still time to find a striker.

Ba is the better player, so that would be stupid. We won't buy him anyway.

Guest taps01

Apparently reports in france today claim a

bid is to be accepted.

Interesting, guess it's 50-50 whether or not Erdinç comes here imo.

Still yet to see these reports.