Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Antec

Douglas still seems to think there's 'money set aside for a striker'. Is there bollocks, Mark, and you know it.

Probably true, unless the  leccy bill is due of course

Why do most of our signings under the FCB regime 'come out of the blue'?

Abeid

Marveaux

Cabaye

Ben Arfa - actual press gossip, not a 100000page N-O thread :lol:

Tiote

Best

Williamson

Enrique

I don't remember a lot of newspaper chat about any of these players before the deal went through, it seems odd that we're all guilty of jumping into any tabloid snippet and debating the likelihood of it coming through (see my Sissoko thread).

Next signing will be annouced 'out of the blue' without a lot of press speculation.

Abeid

Marveaux

Cabaye

Tiote

Best

Williamson

Enrique

I don't remember a lot of newspaper chat about any of these players before the deal went through, it seems odd that we're all guilty of jumping into any tabloid snippet and debating the likelihood of it coming through (see my Sissoko thread).

Next signing will be annouced 'out of the blue' without a lot of press speculation.

there was press about Cabaye before it happened iirc

I wonder who we're going to pretend to try and sign next then?

Back to Shane Long guaranteed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2021248/Shane-Long-tells-Hammers-come-him.html

I f***ing hope not if he costs £8m.

Why does anyone give a s**t how much we spend on a player. To be honest I couldn't care less why we spend on a striker as long as we get someone in. It's not like any money we save will be spent on other players.anyway

Abeid

Marveaux

Cabaye

Tiote

Best

Williamson

Enrique

Really? I heard nothing until the end of the French season when he annouced it to his team-mates :dontknow: wasn't massively looking out for it though

Guest BooBoo

Does anybody seriously think we'll spend any further money this summer? It's been one excuse after another. Soon it'll be "we're focusing all our efforts on Arsenal"'and then it'll be "there's no value at the back end of the summer window."

Abeid

Marveaux

Cabaye

Tiote

Best

Williamson

Enrique

Really? I heard nothing until the end of the French season when he annouced it to his team-mates :dontknow: wasn't massively looking out for it though

Cabaye was totally out of the blue. Just waited a short while for it to be offically confirmed.

Does anybody seriously think we'll spend any further money this summer? It's been one excuse after another. Soon it'll be "we're focusing all our efforts on Arsenal"'and then it'll be "there's no value at the back end of the summer window."

I think we'll get two more and a replacement for Enrique.

As daft as it seems, I still think we will spend some money.

didnt psg deny we'd even tabled a bid last week?

the soap opera continues

Surely you're not suggesting that we go for players with no intention of actually buying them  :kasper:

of course not :kasper: no-one's that cynical surely?