Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Are there 2 Bendtners? Seriously; the one I keep seeing is rubbish in a good team. f*** knows how bad he'd be for us.

I wouldn't take Cole or Long either. We need to aim for an appreciable step up on what we've got and IMO none of these hit the mark.

Sturridge for me all day long.

I would love Sturridge like, even if it was just on loan, but it probably isn't going to happen as we won't stump up the cash (if he is in fact available). And although Bendtner is miles off the top of my list, he is a step up on what we have (excluding Ba).

Imo we just have to accept that the striker we (fans) want are probably out of reach, either due to us just not been attractive enough or Mike's refusal to spend any real cash on players (but he has improved our training ground mind...)

Messi for me all shane long

Yes, I agree (although disheartenedly), Bendtner is better than Shola, best, lovens and company...so would take it as positive!!

I wonder who option C is?

Quite clear we went for Gameiro first, then this guy who seems to want to stay. It's not like they need to sell him either.

Now who?

Edit: And will the price range drop again?

Shane Long.

We need a good striker as we have alot of creativity in our team but without an out and out goal scorer we may be in for a frustrating season. Ba's looks good but if he's injured we are screwed. Its the one area above all others we need to splash the cash.

Of all the strikers we have been linked with that are realistic and are now left i'd love it if we signed Papiss Cisse. He's been scoring for fun in a bad team in the Budesliga.

Blackburn are sniffing around him and have offerd £13m.

We could land him in my opinion, he's stated he's open to a move to the PL, Demba is good mates with him and they play together at international level.

We have a decent mid table/top 10 side at the moment with no strength in depth so when injuries/suspensions etc occur we will probably struggle but add Cisse and possibly Zoggy and we could really push for europe with a team the same/similar to this:

Ba

Cisse

Ben Arfa         Cabaye     Tiote          Zoggy

Enrique        Colo       Taylor      Simpson

Harper

Subs: Krul, Willi, Kadar/Guthrie/Gosling, Jonas, Marveaux, Barton, Shola  

We are just two players away from having a really good side IMO

All would be forgiven Ash if you can land those two and keep all of the above.

I'm trying to remain optimistic and hope for the above however i'd be pleasantly shocked if Ash bought one player at around £12m never mind one at £12m and another at £9m

Hang on a minute everyone..juz wanna get one thing straight,,where exactly did this B E N D T N E R story come from? I havent seen anything out there that has linked us with him..the only place I can find B E N D T N E R linked to us in this thread!

Not against picking up the lad though..juz curious coz where did his name pop out of?

Guest hobshobs

Please just sign somebody, half decent, that can play up front.

The thought of another season watching Lovenkrands and Ameobi trying to act out the role of playing a professional football striker and completely failing to do so is a very depressing thought indeed. Even one of these two useless pieces of s*** in the side means we're down to ten men.

I'd be reasonably happy with Bendtner like. Can score goals in this league, has been well schooled, is the right age and would probably be in our price bracket. He's not amazing but then who are we going to be able to get who is, given our reluctance to spend? My only major concern would be over his apparently humongous ego.

I doubt we're even interested anyway so the point is moot.

Agree Dave, I also can't see Arsenal selling Bendtner if he's back to fitness and Nasri/Cesc are leaving. They already only have one striker.

Chamakh and Van Persie?

Well I meant one striker apart from Bendtner (meaning Van Persie), forgot about Chamakh. Still think they are light up front, especially when RvP gets injured again.

Hang on a minute everyone..juz wanna get one thing straight,,where exactly did this B E N D T N E R story come from? I havent seen anything out there that has linked us with him..the only place I can find B E N D T N E R linked to us in this thread!

Not against picking up the lad though..juz curious coz where did his name pop out of?

Brace yourself buddy.

Please just sign somebody, half decent, that can play up front.

The thought of another season watching Lovenkrands and Ameobi trying to act out the role of playing a professional football striker and completely failing to do so is a very depressing thought indeed. Even one of these two useless pieces of s*** in the side means we're down to ten men.

Why we are prepared to sell Best ahead of these two wasters, is beyond me.

Yeah I really don't get being happy with Bendtner just because he is better than what we have. It's not hard to be better than what we have and Bendtner is average

Wow, people turning their nose up at Bendtner... when he was playing regular football for Birmingham 4/5 seasons ago.. he contributed close to a goal every 2 games.  He could have only improved from that so long ago, he needs a regular run in a side to bring out the best of him mind.

We would be very lucky to have him.

Wow, people turning their nose up at Bendtner... when he was playing regular football for Birmingham 4/5 seasons ago.. he contributed close to a goal every 2 games.  He could have only improved from that so long ago, he needs a regular run in a side to bring out the best of him mind.

11 in 42 isn't really a goal every two games.

Wow, people turning their nose up at Bendtner... when he was playing regular football for Birmingham 4/5 seasons ago.. he contributed close to a goal every 2 games.  He could have only improved from that so long ago, he needs a regular run in a side to bring out the best of him mind.

:doh:

:doh:

???

Are there 2 Bendtners? Seriously; the one I keep seeing is rubbish in a good team. Fuck knows how bad he'd be for us.

I wouldn't take Cole or Long either. We need to aim for an appreciable step up on what we've got and IMO none of these hit the mark.

Sturridge for me all day long.

I'm wondering the same thing. Bendtner does everything right except in front of goal. I think I'd rather take a punt on Shane Long.

Bendtner talks a good game and speaks out often in regards to how he thinks he should be starting every week for Arsenal. He convinces people he is good and he has a special talent then you actually see him stroll on to the pitch and you suddenly realise you have been fooled by his words and that he isn't what he says he is, he is still in fact the same shambles of a footballer that you orginally thought he was.

Bendtner as out #9 next season would score 12-15 goals, no bother.

I was sort of joking when I said I hope we'd sign him, I'd rather have a pacey, hard working type of striker first and foremost. But if we ended up with Bendtner I really wouldn't complain, he'd make a lot of people eat their words.