Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is that we've made £53m more than we've spent? Wow :lol:

Those numbers are way off.

Why so?

£63m spent in the last 5 seasons?  Go and take a quick look at the signings in the last 5 seasons, its closer to £90m.

EDIT: Surely when they say the last 5 seasons they have to be talking about 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011?

They can't be including the upcoming season can they?  I mean this window isn't even finished this season yet let alone January.

Why so?

£63m spent in the last 5 seasons?  Go and take a quick look at the signings in the last 5 seasons, its closer to £90m.

http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Newcastle/Transfers

Adding those up took me to around £70m, working off the figures I recall at the time for the undiscloseds.

Why so?

£63m spent in the last 5 seasons?  Go and take a quick look at the signings in the last 5 seasons, its closer to £90m.

http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Newcastle/Transfers

Adding those up took me to around £70m, working off the figures I recall at the time for the undiscloseds.

They're missing transfers, we never even signed the god Tiote according to there list.

The best one to go off would be: http://www.nufc.com/2011-12html/transfers.html

The justification for the Carroll bid being 'too good to turn down' was that the money would be used to improve the first team and squad. I whinged all along about not selling him at any price and lots of people assured me that not only would we easily replace Carroll's goals with that money, we'd have loads left to significantly overhaul the squad and would do so.

I'd still rather have kept Carroll.

Yup. Genuinely thought we'd spend the money and feel well and truly strung along.

Worth it more than some new nets and a greener pitch.

So you'd both rather have kept Nolan and Carroll rather than signing Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Mehdi and possibly Erdinc? You can argue that we could have bought those players in anyway but it was never going to happen.

The justification for the Carroll bid being 'too good to turn down' was that the money would be used to improve the first team and squad. I whinged all along about not selling him at any price and lots of people assured me that not only would we easily replace Carroll's goals with that money, we'd have loads left to significantly overhaul the squad and would do so.

Yup. Genuinely thought we'd spend the money and feel well and truly strung along.

So you'd both rather have kept Nolan and Carroll rather than signing Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Mehdi and possibly Erdinc? You can argue that we could have bought those players in anyway but it was never going to happen.

In that case I hope we sell Tiote soon so that we can replace Enrique.

The fees are all on the transfer league website itself.

Had a quick look and noticed they have no fee listed for some players, for instance Beye, Faye, Xisco are all listed as "signed" but no fee.  That's £11m missing right there.  Bassong, Routledge and Best are also completely missing.  I'll have a closer look later, going to work in a minute..

EDIT:

They do have a fee for Xisco, but they have him in twice for some reason, once for his fee and later as "signed".  Definitely no fees for Beye or Faye though.

Not all perhaps, one or two of them maybe. Ashley had already shown he'd invest if the potential to make it back was there with Ben Arfa/Tiote, you think we'd have ignored any interesting opportunitys again like that this window if we hadnt sold Carroll? Doubt it.

Selling Carroll just gave Ashley a reason not to have to risk spending more of his own money in the hope he'd make it back with clever investments. We've yet to see if the way hes switched it around will be more beneficial to having just kept Carroll & given him one decent partner.

Yeah, because it's one or the other...

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Erding.

No ambition since we've came back up like.

And how many times do we have to remind you that Tiote was unknown?

Even the other names have some question mark of sort over them..... but i won't go there.

Carroll > Ba and Erdnic.

Every day of the week. Throw in Sturridge and I'd begin to understand.

How much of Erding have you seen?

Not much. It affect my opinion of Carroll like?

Carroll > Ba and Erdnic.

How much of Erding have you seen?

He's seen enough of him to at least get his name right, almost.  :lol:

Carroll > Ba and Erdnic.

That's how it might seem right now. But then this time last year we'd have thought it laughable that anyone could even contemplate that. We'll know the answers next season in any case.