Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

My worry is he'll be given the next game or the one after to prove himself and when we fail against Utd and Arsenal then Pardew can say he gave him a shout but it didn't work.

This is essentially the same thing that happened around this time last season with HBA isn't it?

Guest VanBarduck

My worry is he'll be given the next game or the one after to prove himself and when we fail against Utd and Arsenal then Pardew can say he gave him a shout but it didn't work.

This is essentially the same thing that happened around this time last season with HBA isn't it?

i think so , or maybe Pardew doesn't want bench Guti , for some particular reasons ...

Pardew, quite rightly, is more mindful of what a player can do without the ball then with it. Especially in midfield. He doesn't like us to player through the middle (not 'on the front foot enough') but it's imperative that we limit the opposition's ability to play through the middle. There's not natural place for Marveaux they way we set up.

Another tidy performance. Worked hard in the first half to defend. Shocking and frustrating lack of effort to track back in the second when he was moved central. If he can improve this part of his game, along with adding some bust a gut runs into the box (which we are missing from midfield) I think Pards will finally have no option but to start him. Class is there when he turns it on.

Guest bimpy474

Lovely little player, just absolutely no excuse for Jonas being in the team ahead of him.

Workrate son. you no nothing of modern football.

Alan Pardew aged 51 and half.

While I don't agree that Guti should start ahead of marveaux, the latter can certainly improve his workrate. There is no excuse to be a pedestrian of ameobi proportions when not on the ball.

The problem with marveaux playing central is that we need him to attacking constantly through the centre, while he prefers to sit back and dictate a pass. Until we sign a proper box to box attacking central mid to replace Nolan then we have square pegs in round holes, missing a central attacking dimension.

Hoping to see marveaux really cement himself in the line up now Guti is out.

Guest VanBarduck

Rémy          Cissé

HBA

Marv.        Cabaye

Anita

Santon Colo Taylor Debuchy

January.. :drool:

Marv looked bloody good in a middle 3 against wigan tbf.

Anyway i wouldn't to give Marv to OM part of any deal for Remy.

What that basically says is Marv and Ba plus cash for Remy....

Now Remy is good but im not convinced he's THAT good.

i wouldn't have said he played in a middle 3 and also remember it was a 10 man wigan.

I'd like to actually see is retain Sylvain, as long as he can stay fit through this period and continue to show his potential. He's very smooth on the ball, tends to make the right decision and is one helluva skilled player.