Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Cisse

Gouffran            HBA

Marv

Cabaye  Sissoko

Would be a very interesting experiment, I reckon it would work for those Stoke-type home games.

Was just thinking this. Think the back would be a bit too exposed but for home games against sides we can take a game too it might be interesting.

He had a belting game today and showcased exactly why he should be in our starting line up more often. He offers something completely different in his skill and technique..somewhere inbetween Cabaye and Ben Arfa. He can certainly go missing at times though.

As far as Pardew, it seems with age comes negative tactics. He used to be all for all out, free flowing attack at West Ham, Reading and Charlton. We are almost always negative in possession or clueless when it comes to the final third. Its a dangerous gamble, but Pardew seems to truly believe sitting back and nicking a goal is a genuinely realistic tactic. It has come at a real mixed set of results and performances that do nothing for fans, arguably on this seasons form also little for the team.

We have the players to give any game a go, but I don't see us going all out with Pardew in charge. While there is a safe option, Marveaux will likely be resigned to sitting on the bench. If there is however one silver lining, Marveaux has definitely improved his defensive side and tracks back more.

I really like Marveaux, class footballer in the truest sense of the word. I know he's not always up to the PL pace for whatever reason, but I would hope we could organise the side to allow him the space to operate. Especially when HBA is out.

Do love Marveaux as a player but has a nasty habit of drifting in and out of games he needs to sort out. Looked like the only player for us tonight with that little but extra and no surprise the assist came from him.

Was brilliant yesterday, moved everywhere very Hatem esque. Dribbled well with the ball making their defence unbalanced, wich is something we've lacked against deep defending teams. No hard criticism against Sissoko but when defences are very deep he tends no to get up the speed he needs to get the marauding runs forward. And thats where you need your little players with quick turns and small tricks to bring it past players. Marveaux has shown the last to games he still got a spot to fight for in the first eleven, especially with hatem out.

All eyes are pretty much on him now. Hope to fuck he stays injury free between now and the end of the season.

Looks like his momentum is coming back and game after game can only help that.

His time to step up, not a fan of him on the wing but Sissoko is clearly better through the middle (must be nearly a goal a game when playing central he has had a hand in whether it's scoring, getting an assist or winning a free kick that has resulted in a goal).

I know it's almost a swear word suggesting an attacking player has work rate but Marveaux will really need to up his if he wants to cement a position in the team.

In a 4-2-3-1 with two attacking full backs you can't allow your wings to be exposed. At times you will need the 2 wide players in the 3 to either support the full back so they aren't doubled up on or just cover. I'm not saying we need two David Batty types in front of the full backs but the two wide players need to have some defensive responsibilities and so far Marveaux hasn't shown that.

If Cabaye or Tiote are moving out we will have a gaping hole through the centre of the pitch, if MYM or Saylor are having to support a full back we are leaving a hole in the centre of defence.

As nice as it would be to have attacking players just attacking and defensive players just defending that isn't realistic, any team in the league will have the odd attack so we will need to match them player for player or be exposed.

Whenever this is brought up someone mentions Arsenal or Chelsea etc.. but even if they aren't the Roy Keanes of football their wide players will still get back and support. Marveaux despite his obvious talent does go missing an awful lot. Ideally he would play behind a striker but there is already a better player there, if he is to play out wide he will have to put his shift in or Jonas will rightfully take that place.

*tin hat*

Sounds like he will be:

And with Hatem Ben Arfa facing hamstring surgery and set to miss the rest of the season, Pardew reckons Marveaux can replace his compatriot.

He said: “The goal on Thursday was a ­Marveaux cross for Cisse in the 90th minute – the same as against Stoke. Wigan should be warned.

“To a degree, I think Sylvain can replace Hatem.

“I hope he can step into his shoes and produce a couple of wonder goals, as Hatem did last season.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/304112/?