Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

His passing range wasn't great, but the amount of opportunities he created with his dribbling skills was great. Looked decent for England in his limited appearances I thought. Had a canny finish on him too, though he wasn't the best at striking the ball.

Aye I dont deny his potential, but never reached the levels he should have for numerous reasons. Didn't notch enough goals either for me.

Definitely agree with you there.

There was little wrong with Marveaux's fitness last year but he doesn't fit the style of the team. The style is dictated by the manager and he doesn't fancy him. I think Pardew probably has a fair appreciation of what Marveaux can do but he's also extremely concious of what he can't. Marveaux isn't Pardew's kind of player, plain and simple. Pointless him taking up wages for the odd sub appearance.

There was little wrong with Marveaux's fitness last year but he doesn't fit the style of the team. The style is dictated by the manager and he doesn't fancy him. I think Pardew probably has a fair appreciation of what Marveaux can do but he's also extremely concious of what he can't. Marveaux isn't Pardew's kind of player, plain and simple. Pointless him taking up wages for the odd sub appearance.

Yeah get rid of him and his assists and let Sammy in the team. Who needs a squad anyway?!

THREE OUT, ZERO IN, and Marveaux on his way. Can't wait until next season when Pardew (if he's still there) is moaning on about injuries again by October and lack of depth in the squad. Its a fuckin piss take, but the same old fans will be advocating the sale of players who can't fit into the tactics of the leagues shittest manager! And its the same cunts happy to give Pardew one bad season who are first advocate the sale of players after only a few months of dropped form.

Tiotes shit so get rid, good money for Cabaye, Ben Arfa always injured anyway, Jonas needs to retire, let Cisse go to Russia, Perch isn't good enough anyway, Simpson was shite, can't wait to see the back of Williamson, Gosling not good enough, retire Shola, Obertan's shite........  I could go on and on with stuff ive seen over the past day or so. How about we sign players before we start selling them for next to nothing? We're hardly skint and if we're going to sell decent back up for as little as £700k, im sure we can afford to replace before we let them fuckin go.

Bang on, JJ7.

Mole, I understand we've only sold Perchinho so far, but I was referring to how every single rumour of a player's departure has some fan or another saying "oh aye not good enough anyweh..." As if we have a neverending list of players at our disposal and Barca's squad, money and attraction for better replacements. We need to stop selling, and actually ADD to this team. Otherwise we're actually freaking doomed for the coming season. In that regard, I agree with you.

Will be truly gutted if we let Marv go. He absolutely brings something different to the team when he plays, injuries and Pardew have been a road block, that he seemed to be starting to overcome. One of the very few players capable of creating something from nothing and was easily one of our best players post Christmas.

I'm just speculating here, because I find it hard to believe Pardew would consistently overlook Marveaux despite the player proving to be invaluable on the pitch when space is tight, but maybe Marveaux' fitness wasn't as good as we think? Throughout his career he's been plagued with injuries, mostly muscular if memory serves, so what's to say the medical staff hasn't indicated to Pardew that he should be used very sparingly to avoid long layoffs due to muscle injury, i.e. not to push him too hard and consider him a luxury player from the bench only? I know it's fashionable to mock Pardew and our medical staff, so this will no doubt be laughed down, but it's possible, isn't it? It ties in with the fact he was a pacy winger early in his career, and now most often deployed centrally if at all, where bursts of pace and the likes are less often required. We've been crying out for somebody with a bit of pace and creativity on the left wing all season, and not once has Pardew tried Marveaux there.

Argh, who am I kidding? Pardew is an idiot who can't see what we all can.

I'm just speculating here, because I find it hard to believe Pardew would consistently overlook Marveaux despite the player proving to be invaluable on the pitch when space is tight, but maybe Marveaux' fitness wasn't as good as we think? Throughout his career he's been plagued with injuries, mostly muscular if memory serves, so what's to say the medical staff hasn't indicated to Pardew that he should be used very sparingly to avoid long layoffs due to muscle injury, i.e. not to push him too hard and consider him a luxury player from the bench only? I know it's fashionable to mock Pardew and our medical staff, so this will no doubt be laughed down, but it's possible, isn't it? It ties in with the fact he was a pacy winger early in his career, and now most often deployed centrally if at all, where bursts of pace and the likes are less often required. We've been crying out for somebody with a bit of pace and creativity on the left wing all season, and not once has Pardew tried Marveaux there.

Argh, who am I kidding? Pardew is an idiot who can't see what we all can.

It's possible. Defo. As for being good in tight spaces. Just don't think that's our game. Our game is quick ball that turns the defence around, not playing it about looking for openings.

And another thing, Pardew gives a very high priority to what a player does without the ball. Where midfield is concerned i think he sees it as more important than what a players can do with it. And given we don't control the ball through the midfield it's a fair worry for him to have.

Guest taps01

Yeah, he's no wide player. So much better through the middle.

Yeah I've come round to this...he has to be played in the middle for me. We would bennifit as a team massively if he was given a long stint in there.  Someone who can actually create and I'd also trust him to pop up with his fair share of goals.  Who would you play behind him though?

We'd conceed less free kicks in dangerous places from stupid tiote tackles and would hold onto the ball a lot better. May be outmuscled by teams though. Sissoko would have to do some defending.

Back at Rennes he was most definitely primarily a wide player. I actually believe we are using him centrally and sparingly to some extent to avoid him getting injured.

I can't remember who said it but i remember someone on here saying when he was at Rennes he was a lot quicker and has lost pace due to all the injuries so had to adapt his game.

Might explain why he's had more joy in the middle rather than out wide.

Back at Rennes he was most definitely primarily a wide player. I actually believe we are using him centrally and sparingly to some extent to avoid him getting injured.

Different league, different country. Apparently Gouffran survived as a winger over there for almost a decade, which says it all.