Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Yeah, he's no wide player. So much better through the middle.

Back at Rennes he was most definitely primarily a wide player. I actually believe we are using him centrally and sparingly to some extent to avoid him getting injured.

Different league, different country. Apparently Gouffran survived as a winger over there for almost a decade, which says it all.

Gouffran definitely has the capabilities to survive as wide player in any league. I think he is more suited to it despite his good goal record as a centre forward. Not necessarily in a flat 4-4-2, but I doubt he would be deployed that way.

Back at Rennes he was most definitely primarily a wide player. I actually believe we are using him centrally and sparingly to some extent to avoid him getting injured.

Different league, different country. Apparently Gouffran survived as a winger over there for almost a decade, which says it all.

Gouffran definitely has the capabilities to survive as wide player in any league. I think he is more suited to it despite his good goal record as a centre forward. Not necessarily in a flat 4-4-2, but I doubt he would be deployed that way.

He's not creative at all and can't really beat a man.

I think he'd work well on the left but given roam to float inside, quite like the role that David Silva plays. He's a total waste of space playing on the right-wing though.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/yoan-gouffran/leistungsdaten/spieler_23825_2012.html

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/yoan-gouffran/leistungsdaten/spieler_23825_2011.html

We are talking Gouffran, not Marveaux?

Started on the wing then played mainly as a striker in his last seasons at Bordeaux.

If that is meant to underline Gouffran was mainly a winger in France as Ronaldo suggests, then so is Cisse. He has played the odd game out wide, but certainly not consistently. Marveaux on the other hand did. We bought a winger and transformed him into a central midfield player.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/yoan-gouffran/leistungsdaten/spieler_23825_2012.html

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/yoan-gouffran/leistungsdaten/spieler_23825_2011.html

We are talking Gouffran, not Marveaux?

Started on the wing then played mainly as a striker in his last seasons at Bordeaux.

If that is meant to underline Gouffran was mainly a winger in France as Ronaldo suggests, then so is Cisse. He has played the odd game out wide, but certainly not consistently. Marveaux on the other hand did. We bought a winger and transformed him into a central midfield player.

Chill out. It was solely a factual reply to this:

I didn't think he played wing there at all? Always thought he was strictly a striker until us.

Would be different class playing in a team suited to his style. Bloody brilliant footballer!

:thup:. Personally I would like to see him as the furthest forward in a midfield three, but also think he could operate in a freer wide role pretty well.

I'd want him deeper than that, alongside Sissoko. Been saying all season that he reminds me of Kieron Dyer in how good he is a picking it up in tight areas and somehow making a bit of space for himself and driving the team forward. Doesn't win the ball like Dyer did but could be used to a similar effect. Much better end product obviously.

I'd want him deeper than that, alongside Sissoko. Been saying all season that he reminds me of Kieron Dyer in how good he is a picking it up in tight areas and somehow making a bit of space for himself and driving the team forward. Doesn't win the ball like Dyer did but could be used to a similar effect. Much better end product obviously.

Interesting concept, although I'd be keen to keep him away from the midfield battle. I'd like to see Sissoko driving the team on with his ball-carrying and giving it to the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux in the final 3rd and they can apply the creative touch.

Cabaye  Sissoko

Marveaux

Has its flaws but is our best option right now. Having Marveaux and Ben Arfa on the pitch at the same time would be really beneficial for Cisse and Gouffran (if we persist with 4-2-3-1).

Quite sexy, that. I'm wet.

Guest neesy111

N-O Exclusive - Marv just told my mate that he won't be an NUFC player next season.

Marveaux that is, not my mate.

:hmm:

N-O Exclusive - Marv just told my mate that he won't be an NUFC player next season.

I was skeptical, but then he said he was wearing a leather hoody and I had no choice but to believe.

I was skeptical, but then he said he was wearing a leather hoody and I had no choice but to believe.

:lol:

If he can prove his fitness from now on i would build my team around him in the AMC position.

Personally i really do rate him that highly. Keep the ball on the deck and

play positive football and i think he would score more points than any of

our other players, maybe HBA would be close.

Would be very unhappy and sad if he leaves us, would fucking idiotic.

He's a real classy player who should be given the ACM role in our team. Give him license to get around the pitch and create at will. He's a lovely dribbler and his decision making with the ball is excellent, and also - get him some chances to get that left peg a chance to strike at goal.  He has a great left foot that could be worth 5-8 goals a season if he was on the pitch more.

In an ideal world I'd have Sylvain and HBA given free reign to roam about the pitch and create and punish defenses with their dribbling, passing, and deadly left foots.