Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Pretty harsh. He has some good performance last year before his injury and a good pre-season campaign this year.

Pre-season? Howay man. It counts for nowt.

The only times he's looked halfway decent was against lower league oppo in the league cup.

Saying that I still think there is a halfway decent player in there, to me it seems like he doesn't want to show it though for whatever reason. 

One thing I don't understand is why when he has played it's been on the right.

The new fad disease of because someone is a half decent on the ball footballer they can suddenly play either side or in the middle of a forward 3 despite having no previous experience of doing so.

It takes more than a few tricks v a league one side to impress me. We took a cheap punt on him and its backfired. Get rid whilst his value is still over seven figures because he won't make it here. He's behind Obertan and Sameobi FFS.

He's never been impressive for us if we're being honest.

Having only 9 Premier League appearances - of which I believe he has only started one - I don't think we're quite in a position to judge.

He was relatively impressive prior to his injury, too.

Guest neesy111

It takes more than a few tricks v a league one side to impress me. We took a cheap punt on him and its backfired. Get rid whilst his value is still over seven figures because he won't make it here. He's behind Obertan and Sameobi FFS.

Utter rubbish.

Maybe I am a bit biased but I see him play for Rennes and I want to think that this player is still there.

And HBA was also behind Obertan last year so it means nothing.

I'm curious, when's the lad ever looked a player? I've not seen anything.

Here ? Or in his career ?

Because he was pretty impressive with Rennes. Mature lad. Score 10 goals in 35 match in the 2009-2010 season.

Which was the game where he flicked the ball over the defence for Ba (?), that was delicious.

He's looked poor in like 2 games or something, I don't really think that's enough for us to turn around and say "sell the cunt, he's shite", even if he turns out to be a Danny Guthrie, James Perch, Ryan Taylor etc squad player we've done alright, we don't need to flog everyone who doesn't bang in a goal every other game.

Guest bimpy474

Be nice to actually see him play left mid/wing, where he has spent most of his football career, instead we see him in all sorts of position not exactly suited to him.

It's not really important how he's getting on tbh, if the team is doing ok then I couldn't give a toss about him. When you get by with cheapo buys like him, it's hard to expect anything out of the ordinary.

He's looked tidy enough whenever he's played and was highly regarded by all accounts before he joined.  Not sure he can be completely written off yet when he's only been available for about 20% of games since he signed.  My main concern has always been with his fitness.  It's very weird that he's nowhere near the team now though.

It's not really important how he's getting on tbh, if the team is doing ok then I couldn't give a toss about him. When you get by with cheapo buys like him, it's hard to expect anything out of the ordinary.

Hardly cheap, he's one of our top earners. Would like to see him in his correct position